1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Eric Reid staying around

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wp28, Feb 11, 2019.

1. OldGrumpyBastid

OldGrumpyBastid Full Access Member

We can only hope

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

It's implicit in his contract. We can cut him in 2020 with little to no ramifications.

And look, if he plays well and stops saying crazy shit, it's worth keeping him around. But if he becomes too toxic, there's an easy exit. I would bet on this happening. He's a race-baiting bully who's already made out pretty well off of the National Anthem hoax. I think it's clear what his main focus is.

OldGrumpyBastid likes this.
  3. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

090ED211-767F-467F-A132-6DE29E3F905D.jpeg

4. Black&Black

Since you're not going to hear reality anywhere else, here is the reality concerned Kaepernick. The following variables have been idiotically conflated together in order to make it a binary issue:

1) Colin Kaepernick is an NFL quarterback. The pro-anthem people claiming otherwise are being dishonest. He's very similar to Tyrod Taylor - a mobile, risk-averse quarterback who doesn't kill a team with mistakes. I'd argue that he's a strong fit in Carolina ot New England because of his affinity for throwing to running backs and tight ends. He would be a high quality backup/low quality starting quarterback in 2019.

2) Collusion is not a crime. If the NFL doesn't want to hire Kaepernick, they have every right not to. Freedom of Association is a constitutional right. The sheer arrogance and narcissism of Kaepernick's claim that he "belongs" in the NFL is extremely offputting. Basically, Kaepernick's team successfully bullied in the NFL into a large settlement.

3) Social Justice is evil. It's not polarizing. It's not slightly controversial. It's an evil, early Soviet doctrine which states that individuals are guilty or innocent based on group identity. Most people throwing the term around have no idea what the hell they're even talking about, which is completely unforgivable considering how accessible this information is today.

4) The NFL has handled the Anthem about as poorly and incoherently as possible. Had Goodell cut this off at the beginning, Kaepernick would be playing in the NFL right now.

5) The media turning this into a circus has made teams less willing to sign Kaepernick. It's the same exact thing that happened to Tim Tebow. Nobody wants the circus in town. It's especially true for a backup.

I despise Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid. I think they are both racist con artists. They are the Milli Vanilli of civil rights activists. Treating these two like victims is a massive insult to humanity.

brandonray99 and Bull Moose like this.
  5. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I don’t think Kaepernick would be playing in the NFL right now. Everything else I agree with

6. Black&Black

E.J. Manuel just signed with the Chiefs. Kaepernick is plenty good enough to be in NFL. He's better than Derek Carr, in my opinion.

7. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Kaepernick will never be satisfied with a backup role, so he would be out of the league now. If he was good with a backup role, he would still be in SF or at the very least in Denver.

8. Black&Black

It seems like you're in mind reading mode now. He's been a backup multiple times. I think he's better than a strict backup, though. This league has a dearth of competent quarterbacks. I don't think he's worse than Nick Foles, who's going to get a parade in Jacksonville soon.

9. Bull Moose

Bull Moose Keep Pounding

Wait until this mess begins to overshadow Cam.

There’s a dynamic nobody wants to talk about.

10. Black&Black

Cam won't be here in two years. He's positive and prefers to treat people as individuals, which is too problematic.