1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Duke/Maryland 2 - for the title

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by SilverSurfer, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Quick Willie

Quick Willie Guest

This should be a really good game. I think Maryland matches up well against the Blue Devil but that damn Dunleavy guy will be the difference. If Maryland can control him I think they have a very good chance of upsetting the Devil's.

Let's go Terp's :)

:D :D TAR HEEL TO THE BONE :D :D

2. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

No matter who wins it won't be an upset. But no way will Maryland blow out Duke. If they win, it'll be by 10 or less. 10 used to be a blowout before the 3 point shot, but not anymore.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Wossa, how old are you again?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I think that 87 - 73 qualifies as a blowout. Especially since they led the entire game...

No matter, however, I'm sure Duke will be loaded for the tourney...

5. sdawg

sdawg Guest

I guess that 6 man rotation isn't going to cut it anymore :confused:

It doesn't help when you shoot 21 percent from the field either ;)

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, I kinda saw this coming b/c Duke has been playing so well lately--hard to avoid a letdown. They now have 2 losses they can learn from going into the stretch run. If they stay healthy the rest of the year, it should be more of the same. Maryland is the only team that can stop them IMO and I think there are other teams that can stop the Terps.

I didn't even get to watch the 2nd half b/c my track coach called at 2:15 and said "so yeah we're uh coming to meet you in 5 minutes to go run..." but I guess I wouldn't have enjoyed it much, anyway. I did notice that while JWill sucked and Boozer wasn't playing hard, Juan Dixon once again could do nothing against Dahntay Jones and that is a huge plus. When these 2 meet for the ACC championship game, don't expect Williams and Boozer to disappear again, and then it WILL matter that Dixon can't shake Jones.

Not the end of the world, but it will be the end of Duke's streak of league titles unless Wake or UVa can upset the Terps.

7. WYDD

WYDD Guest

duke got their asses handed to them in every facet of the game. Wasn't even close. But, at least the maryland fans can get over the phantom Lonny Baxter foul. Steve Blake lands on j will on a three pointer and it's not called. And it wasn't the type were williams puts his shoulder into blake after he jumped, blake just landed on him. Of course, there's a huge difference in those fouls regarding importantance. Oh well, when your team gets there ass handed to them like that, you have to find something to bitch about.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

thw dukehater parte is on what a grate win for md duke is not that good last year they woar moor good let go unc

9. blueblood1

blueblood1 Guest

Hey if Maryland had held on to that 20+point lead then my prediction of a blow-out woulda been more of an ASS WHOOPIN! Maryland matches up to well with dook. Maryland has more depth! And let's face it - Dook shoulda lost every game they played against the Terps last year. I wasn't at all surprised by the outcome of this game. Looks like DOOK's ACC championship streak could be in danger this year. They still have some tough road games! Well gotta run and watch my boys figure out another way to lose a game.

10. WYDD

WYDD Guest

please blue, md shouldn't have won every game. Duke was winning in cameron until boozer broke his foot, and he was having a really good game. Plus the acc final was pretty much all duke. And duke dominated in cameron this year. Not as much as md did today. Maryland was in the zone and playing great d, duke couldn't find a good shot and missed the few open ones they had. I say duke wins the acc final this year. Maryland can't play that good of a game twice. Then again, that could've gotten them over their little psychological hump against duke. I doubt it though. But hey, at least the heels won today. I'm don't wanna be the one that tells dukey that the heels won't make the nit. You have to have at least a .500 record for that.