1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Draft talk

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I don't see how you're in win-now mode with Pride/Jackson as your starting CBs. I think we added a few nice pieces to the defense, but this roster still has holes.

PantherPaul likes this.
  2. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

This is definitely a rebuilding year, but Brees and Brady aren't going to be around beyond 2021. I hope the staff has to foresight to reduce McCaffrey's workload over the next two years. There's a chance we could go "all in" for 2022 if the defensive line develops as planned.

3. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

KK hasn't started 16 games since 2017, and he's 31 years old. I wouldn't be surprised to see his performance drop off this coming season, but Brown's presence should help.

4. Black&Black

Missing the last two games in '18 was probably more precautionary than anything. It's not like his body has been falling apart for years. I think he has a chance to come back strong after a full year off.

5. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I don't think that he's going to look anything like his prime by the time we're ready to compete for the NFCS title.

6. rake

rake Need one of these

Unfortunately you are probably right. The saddest, most frustrating facet of pro sports is injury. HATE IT . .. There should be more significant improvements by now with all the brilliant science and engineering. At least you can turn off “injuries” in video games to escape brutal reality for a while. I just tweak difficulty so it’s still a challenge

7. Black&Black

His contract runs out after 2021. That seems about right. I think he'll give us some solid snaps in the meantime.

8. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

9. Laceration

Laceration Full Access Member

Im ok with the Panthers draft but Miller makes some very good points. Trading down in the first was maybe a better option but we have no idea what offers were actually there. Brown will be a solid block-eating, run-stuffing starter for many years and will make others around him better.

10. morningwood

morningwood Pay for Performance

Like many here have said, I don’t see how you pass in Simmons, especially after losing Kuechly. Clearly they are attempting to address a defense that was gashed by the run last year. To that end, I hope Brown does more than eat space against the rush.