1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Does anyone have any clue

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by meatpile, Apr 3, 2002.

1. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

What RB's our scouts are looking at in the draft?

Fox has said at least twice that DE, RB, and CB were draft needs. We Know he discussed bauman*sp* the short guy, and then Peppers is obvious. I haven't heard shit about any RB they've got their eyes on.

Did I miss something, or are we all in the dark?

2. Piper

Piper Guest

I've heard that we looked long and hard at Foster at the combine. Grrrrrr.

He is elusive and hits the hole. Just not very big, average speed, and fumbles. If he could hold onto the ball, I'd feel better about him. If we were to go back in round 2, I would rather have Portis. He could complment Smith well.

Still hoping we wait till round 3, or do a trade down and grab either Duckett or Green.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I'd take Duckett or Green at 34.

4. McFly41

McFly41 Guest

I wouldn't mind seeing Ladell Betts in round three or Ennis Haywood in the fourth. I think both will be good NFL backs in a power game. Neither is particularly fast, but both hit the holes hard and get positive yardage.
    I know, they are Iowa guys, but I am not just pimping them. They are legit projects for future backs or at worst excellent depth.

5. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

Betts is a good call in the third. Very good runner who I'd probably try to add size to, since his speed will never be feature level.

6. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

sure, but unless they both get caught smoking pot on the 19th, they won't be there.

7. Piper

Piper Guest

True. I'm not even sold if either will be there at 21. Dallas is talking with Green. I remember when Baltimore took Jamal Lewis at #5 and everyone thought they were crazy, and that turned out OK at least in the short term.

8. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Duckett is the guy I'd like up high, but I'd rather get a corner that high, if one is there.

So if it's Duckett or Rumph, then who? I reeeeaaaally doubt duckett's there.

I guess Foster is the only guy we really looked at. I've only seen him play at the senior bowl, and the fucker fumbled.

Magnus - on that thingy ya'll are doing - the take your pick - I wish there was more info about the sub 100 guys. I'm thinking I'd be Peppers, Sheppard, the DE, and the Bhuddist RB.

9. boo-urns

boo-urns Guest

Peppers has bust written all over him

Staley could be a steal...if he can stay healthy

10. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

True, but the point was that someone was talking about trading down and getting them.
    Uhh, except that they meant down in the first, possibly.