1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Did WBT-AM Try to Sabatoge WFNZ's 'We Luv our Hornets Night!!' on 2/15 ? ? ?

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by sds70, Feb 14, 2002.

1. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

While at the Central YMCA tonight, right around 5:15pm (before the QCB came on with his SPORTSFLASH) I heard bits of pieces Packman venting about how someone told him that WBT was trying to/wasn't really cooperating with his stations 'We Love Our Hornets!!'** night celebration coming up on Friday night. I heard earlier in the week that the Hornets weren't going to allow them to set up a broadcast table at THE HIVE, which is why they had to go across the street to JOCKS & JILLS . . . . . Did any of you guys get to hear Packman's complete rant on this ? ? ?

Friday night, it will be interesting to hear if the Hornets broadcasters acknowledge why the crowd at the Hive for the Pacers/Hornets game is larger than normal. Will they say what's going on without acknowledging what station is promoting it O-R will they say anything about it at all :confused: ? ? You see on late night talk shows most of the time where the host (Jay Leno) might say 'You can see ________________ in _______________ on another network Tuesday nights' if its not an NBC show . . . . . Perhaps WBT-AM is getting pressure from the Hornets not to say anything about it . . .

I don't see why anybody at WBT-AM would try to sqush this promotion . . . If the team stays here, then more likely than not they C-O-U-L-D continue to be the team's flagship station with new ownership. Anything that would encourage the NBA to keep the team here works out for everybody. Not having the Horents here could hurt WFNZ in the long run; having only 1 pro team here (Panthers) could mean folks become less interested in listening to the station, which would mean lower ratings > less revenue > more cutbacks at the station down the road (perhaps there would only be 1 local show on the station; either MSP or PRIMETIME . . . the rest would be network stuff from FOX or ESPNRADIO or SPORTING NEWS).

2. Guest

Guest Guest

All I know is that any time I hear Gerry V, he seems to bad bad mouthing the city of Charlotte. I know he gets a check from the Hornets, but it sounds like he's already got his condo in New Orleans between Ray and George.

3. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Anyone know the story about Indiana Jones, Jr.? I know the event has him in mind, but I haven't heard what happened.

4. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

he died in a car accident the day after thanksgiving. he was a 17-year-old high school student.