1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Deshaun Watson traded to Panthers

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Jan 16, 2021.

1. CoachMcFly

CoachMcFly Full Access Member

Keep in mind...Watson can kill any trade...he has the final say on where he goes.

2. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Watson will come to Carolina, and he will go to the Jets. He's already said that.

3. Schwantz34

Schwantz34 Full Access Member

You'd think if they were clearing cap space for him, they would have sounded him or those around him out about interest first.

4. rake

rake Need one of these

So from all I can gather the three top teams now that THE ALL KNOWING SPORTS MEDIA has in the watson derby are JETS, FINS, and PANTHERS. Let’s say Watson will be happy to go to ANY of the above. Knowing that Watson is “the prize” of the offseason thus far HOU will hope for a bidding war between those three teams . .. I think two of those teams could justify 5 picks! 2021 1st, 2nd, and 4th along with 2022 1st, and 2024 1st. That would probably be top offer (without including players).

Aside from the two future 1’s, here would be the trade ammo for all three teams:

NYJ 2, 34, 98
    Mia 3, 36, 114
    Car 8, 39, 104
    BTW- NYJ and Mia would still have 3 picks in the top 90. Carolina would only have ONE (#73) which would be the panthers draft right there. .. the 73rd overall pick

5. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

We're going to have to get OL help, but it's likely someone like Walker Little or Dylan Radunz is still there. It's a deep class at OT.

6. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Fuck it, get out of the Watson sweepstakes and build up the line

CoachMcFly, brandonray99 and rake like this.
  7. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

I don't see the incredible haul of picks that is being thrown about. I certainly would not be for giving up all the draft picks being advertised. Watson can push the envelope in the direction he wants.
    We all thought Wentz bidding was through the roof, but not so sure it is not a media build up when there is nothing to talk about. Once done, it was nothing like had been advertised.

Almost like the foot of snow we are to see which ends up being a few flakes

I think 2-1sts, CMC might do it. Unloads a huge amount of cash for us while giving the Texans a new face of franchise.

8. Schwantz34

Schwantz34 Full Access Member

Yeah nobody else wanted Wentz evidently. We certainly didn't according to Albert Breer.

9. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

I think Wentz will do well with Indy. The Colts bought him right. Won't pay big draft picks unless he turns out to be worth it.

10. rake

rake Need one of these

definitely not just talent. .. a lot of it depends on system, and chemistry.
    Dan Marino, to Mike Vick, to Chris Weinke. They all had skill sets but only one of the above had all three of the above his whole career, and even HE never won a super bowl (marino just lost that one sb to the niners i think)
    Yes, i still believe that whichever QB who goes to a solid well coached team (like NE or Pitt) will have the best career. Including Lisa Kudrow Transgen boy.