1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

could we use....

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality Forum' started by Village Idiot, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

...a running thread on the Bible? I teach a Bible reading class (actually I just conduct the class) at my church where we start in Genisis and end in Revelation. I've already completed the first group and have started over again and we're currently in Deuteronomy. I'm currently on my third reading. We usually read approx. 10 chapters each week and then discuss our reading in class the next Sunday. I could hit the high spots on here and some of you could use them as references for your questions in general. Now I dont claim to be an expert or cant quote scripture off the top of my head. I just have a desire to read the Bible and provide an opportunity for those at my church who wish to read also but have never had the motivation (something I cannot understand). But never the less, how do you guys feel about this?

2. hasbeen99

hasbeen99 Fighting the stereotype

I think a running commentary on the whole Bible might get a little cumbersome. I've done a few passages on my site, and even those can get lengthy.

If someone did want to do a running Bible thread, I think I'd prefer that it start with the New Testament. Imma think about this, but I'm interested to see what everyone else has to say.

One thing to keep in mind, Larry's idea for this forum wasn't that it be a safe haven for Christians. He wants it to be a wide-open discussion of any and all beliefs. Certainly Christianity fits into that, but it can't be all there is.

3. Village Idiot

never mind

4. Rob

Rob Caught One

I say give it a try and see how it goes. 10 chapters might be too many at once. Having a discussion in a small group setting is one thing but on a message board you would end up typing a novel. My suggestion would be to take Genesis and do a thread on it one chapter at a time. Do the same thing with a New testament book. Maybe Romans. Having 2 going at once would be interesting I think.

5. jbghostrat

jbghostrat Full Access Member

i say let's try it, i really would like to learn more and talk more about the bible. And if other religions want to start threads on their religion, i say "go for it".

6. Village Idiot

Thanks guys, but I would hate to clutter up the Religion forum with Gods word. Maybe some other time.

7. hasbeen99

I've thought about it, and I say let's go ahead and try it. It could spark some good discussion, and we could compare/contrast to other teachings from the Qur'an, etc.

Start wherever you'd like, VI. :)

8. Village Idiot

:xyzthumbs

9. jbghostrat

jbghostrat Full Access Member

Alright, so where you gonna start? hmmm? hmmm? hmmm? :)

10. hasbeen99

Patience, young Skywalker. :D