1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Combine

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by morningwood, Mar 2, 2023.

1. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

I was not disagreeing with you, just posting something relevant to your statement

2. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

From what I have observed at combine.

Stroud is better QB, followed by Levis and then AR.

AR had a couple deep balls that were nice, but the short stuff was not great. He will need to sit a year for sure. Maybe all 3

The UCLA kid had a pretty good arm also.

NO WAY I would trade up in this draft

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
  3. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I have issues with Young that go beyond his size, which is insanely small for a quarterback. So much of what 'Bama does has zero carryover into the NFL, and he misses a bunch of easy throws. The more I watch him, the less convinced I am that he's a top ten player let alone the #1 overall pick.

This QB class reminds me of 2011. You have some viable starters but they all have one or two frustrating deficiencies.

stirs likes this.
  4. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

The more I see of these guys, the more I think we should go for Carr. Maybe our QB brain trust has found someone perfect, but from rural NC, I don't see it.

Then trade down about 5 spots picking up another day 2 pick, giving us 5 picks in top 93. For a team sporting a somewhat new defense, it would be nice to pick up some quality guys that fit.

5. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I wouldn't be too disappointed if we traded down for bodies this year, but we need to get at least one quality starter and a couple of guys who could develop into one. If we're run-heavy again like this past year, then someone like Darnold would be fine to get us into winning territory.

The problem is that no matter what we do, we're not likely to be in a position to draft high enough next year to have a shot at Williams or Maye. So if we do put off the great QB hunt, we're looking at Shedeur Sanders, who has no big time experience, Jayden Daniels, who's a little slight for the game he plays, or Quinn Ewers, who somehow reminds me of Sam Darnold. Our window for a real run is about to open, and we need someone who can play right away in 2024.

6. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

What's funny about Levis is that he plays just like Darnold and he's only two years younger.

I don't place Darnold as a starter, even a so-called bridge starter. He's clearly a life-long backup in my estimation. He's Chad Henne.

Nothing wrong with being Chad Henne but this roster deserves a level better.

7. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

The only place I see Rodgers getting traded to is either the Jets or the Raiders. That said and I still don't think he will get traded. No way the Packers trade him to a team they play this year imo