1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Coach of the year

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Piper, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Piper

Piper phishin member

Lovie Smith?

Former D coordinator has da bears in contention with the best D in the league

Tony Dungy?

13-1. Not shabby, and he's come up with gameplans as versatile as his team.

Nick Saban?

7-7 for that team is pretty good.

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Lovie Smith - Luck. I forget who pointed it out on television the other day, but this season feels exactly like the '01 squad that went 13-3 (I think Jauron got CotY that season).

Tony Dungy - No offense, but when you have that kind of talent on both sides of the ball, they should be winning this often (especially when most top teams are weakened).

Nick Saban - Tempting. He gets bonus points from me for overturning the roster and doing a pretty good job with that. He's certainly done a great deal with a less than stellar roster, so I think he's probably deserving.

Mike Tice - :lmao: (brought him up because people are actually mentioning him)

Marvin Lewis - I don't think the Bengals are as good as their record implies, but I have to give Lewis some credit here. He'd probably be deserving.

Bill Belichick - Despite the injuries and loss of his two coordinators, the Patriots are going to knock off the Colts in the playoffs. This has probably been his best coaching job.

Jack Del Rio - Everyone knows my opinion of him, but he is 10-4.

Tom Coughlin - Hasn't really been mentioned, but he's completely turned around a team I didn't think had much chance to be good (albeit with help from the NFL front office).

Mike Holmgren - Much the same as Tony Dungy, but the Seahawks were known for being even greater underachievers.

John Fox - The media loves him for some reason, but I don't think this has been a very good coaching job this season.

Jon Gruden - He's probably a lot more deserving of consideration than most people will credit him for.

Jim Mora Jr. - I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to STDs, but I was wondering if it's possible that there is some kind of anal herpes variant, and maybe that's where Mexico got his infection.

My choice: Bill Belichick
    Who will get it: Tony Dungy

3. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

I wouldn't give him any votes, but Romeo Crennel is doing good work Cleveland. The AFC North will be a lot tougher next year.

4. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

Lovie Smith has done the most with the least. Lots of talent on D, but thier offense is gawd aweful.

5. Piper

Piper phishin member

Mostly they have worked with a god-awful quarterback and asked him not to make mistakes.

But they have a good O line, a thousand yard rusher, and Moose. That's not bad.

Grossman has a quicker release and thows a nicer looking ball. He's not got the biggest gun, the most size, or the fleetest feet, but he can make a few more plays. He might cost them a couple too.

6. McFly41

McFly41 Work Hard...PLAY HARDER!

The Bears don't have a true starting QB on thier roster. Orton isn't ready and despite my previous thoughts on him, I don't know he ever will be. Groosman isn't the answer, but he is the most popular QB in Chitown simply because he hasn't seen the field until tonight.

"With the XX pick in the draft, the Chicago Bears select {insert name}, QB, {insert college}."

Actually, they'd be wise to grab a Vet.

7. Piper

Piper phishin member

Their won't be a QB available at that spot.

8. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I'd be very surprised if they did pick one, anyway - they've got other needs, and that organization still picked Grossman regardless of whether Smith himself did. They'd be smart to pick up any veteran backup possible, since they needed to do so each of the last two years, but I'd be surprised to see them pick up much else.

9. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Gotta agree with this. I expected them to be total cellar dwellers this year, and even with the unforeseen events New Orleans has gone through giving the Bucs two extra wins, they are still a WAY better team than I expected. FWIW they're gonna use Cadillac up FAST. He won't be in the league long.

10. Gen Scope

Gen Scope Marginal

The team that has played the toughest opponents and has a winning record is San Diego Chargers. (source )Talent only gets you so far. You still have to form a winning plan.

Vote: Marty Schottenheimer