1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Charlotte vs. Duke Thread

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Savio, Nov 17, 2009.

1. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Anybody giving them that spread considering the circumstances was an idiot.

2. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

They were missing three guards. Yes, it hurt them, but it shouldn't have led to them being outrebounded by 15. We had more offensive boards then they had defensive boards.

We shellacked them, and we were 18 pt dogs even with those players missing. If it had been a close game, I think you could say those players would have had a huge impact. The fact is, they pressed a guy that could handle the pressure for 40 minutes. It's not the first time that has bit Rick Pitino against Charlotte.

Familiarity hurt them as much as anything. Charlotte is 6-10 all time in Freedom Hall and is responsible for many of the worst (including the worst loss ever) losses for the Cards in Freedom Hall.

3. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Sure, it shouldn't have a huge impact on rebounding, but it sure as hell would with everything else. Siva wasn't a huge loss, but not having Smith or Knowles hurts them a ton considering they both were averaging over 3 assists and how Louisville runs their offense with their guards.

Losing 2 players that handle the ball a lot in your main rotation and a third player who gets decent minutes is really going to affect your team. It would be that way with any team.

4. K-Town Rocks

K-Town Rocks Member

Charlotte was missing one of their top players in the game.Wilderness.

I took the Niners and those 17 points against Louisville.Easy money.

Looked to me that Louisville had pretty much played a cupcake schedule until Charlotte showed up at Freedom Hall.

5. RobAC65

RobAC65 By Grace Through Faith!!

To answer your question, If we were missing Singler, Dawkins and Zoubek I think Duke would still beat them. Singler would be a huge loss and Dawkins shooting the 3 would be huge loss as well. Zoubek is just big but he can't jump and he really sucks unless he gets a rebound under the basket. Scheyer and Smith and Plumlee would still be able to lead the way for the Devils if those 3 were out. Lance Thomas as well. Look at the UConn game. Singler was held to 6 points and practically a non-factor. Thomas, Plumlee, Scheyer, and Nolan Smith pretty much did the bidding for us in that one.

6. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

I think we lost the game to Duke before we even walked in the door. We were in awe, we looked like a SWAC team. On a neutral floor, we probably wouldn't have looked as bad.

7. TheGame08

TheGame08 Full Access Member

So you're allowed to say "we" if you went to the school, but not if you have been cheering for them since your pre-teen years?

8. Chisox17

Chisox17 Resident Niners Fanatic

Now you're starting to catch on. Not sure why, but the concept of pulling for the school that you went to over schools hundreds of miles away that did nothing for you is a tough concept for most on this board.

This is an incredibly dead horse though, so no sense beating it.

9. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

I don't think he was bright enough to get into community college.

10. TheGame08

TheGame08 Full Access Member

I got accepted into UNCC out of high school and after my freshman year, but I decided to attend a university where you can learn something, not take a few more years of high school level classes.