1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Charlotte vs. Duke Thread

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Savio, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

Let's not forget that UNCA got drubbed by Tennessee and that Elon got crushed by Coastal Carolina.

We've struggled to beat two bad teams and got blown out by a good team.

2. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Yet we are 2-1. Young team. Not saying the N iners are worldbeaters but after the last couple of seasons I'm not expecting much to begin with.

3. vpkozel

vpkozel Professional Calvinballer

Not if they are halfway decent, they don't.

4. VA49er

Come on, we're talking CLT. We haven't been decent for several years now. We used to take teams like Chapel Hill to overtime, now we get beat by 40 by those same type of teams. We used to at least be competitive against the top teams. Now, not so much. Yes, I know, the Niners suck.

5. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

Goddamn right. We suck. We were a bottom feeder in the A-10 last season, and nothing about this season has me thinking we'll be any better.

It was all well and good to talk shit when we could back it up, but we're not backing anything up. Young team or no, this was the largest margin of defeat in our D1 history. Even at our worst, we never posted a loss this bad.

If it had been a 20 pt whooping, you can say it was a young team who got in over their heads, but how are we even a young team? We started a sr PG, a jr PF and a sr C. That's not a young team, and they got punched in the mouth, rolled over and curled up to let Duke kick them constantly.

6. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

the only time the Niners have ever been decent in the last couple of decades(sort of) was when they were in CUSA. That conference was able to help recruit to the school. the A-10 fucking blows. they might as well be back in the sunbelt or metro conference.

7. Powerbait

Powerbait Jawbreaker

That's retarded.

8. RobAC65

RobAC65 By Grace Through Faith!!

Hey Thelt. Nolan Smith played in a summer league or something that wasn't sanctioned by the NCAA so they made him sit out the first few games. Sounds kinda stupid to me for something like that, but oh well I guess it's one of those ludacris rules.

9. Chisox17

Chisox17 Resident Niners Fanatic

LOL I'm cool with that.

Lutz needs to get a hold of his rotations and subbing patterns. We have some talent, but playing 12 guys each game isn't going to work. Coleman needs to never touch the ball, and Braswell needs to get damn near all the minutes at center. If we give the vast majority of the time in the post to Braswell and Spears, and rein in Bowden, we will be OK. Even as bad as we look now, I still think we will finish 3rd or 4th in the A10 this year.

10. VA49er

What game?