1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Championship games

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by magnus, Jan 22, 2012.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Early game is good enough so far because the Ravens' defense is good. Too bad their offense isn't. I'm losing steam on defending that Cam Cameron's excessively conserative ways work with our offense. They don't, a lot of the time.

Runs start every drive, too many haphazard chucks downfield (OMG NO SEE IT"S NOT CONSERVATIVE!!!!!!!!!) that ruin drives when you could be getting good yards on second down. Ideally, if you have to be obvious as shit, you do it the other way around. You pass on 1st, get good yards, and then you have options.

He hardly moves formation, and if so it's just that basic TE crossing formation or orbit (fake going across and move back). Always a split end on one side, flanker on the other. Some things occasionally happen in between, but it's really quite boring compared to what we do. Even Henning, who ran a similar gameplan through this same explosive offense, would do more (he still had Smith on one side, Muhammad on the other exclusively), at least more effectively disguising the same RG dive over and over. Chud does ten times this much with a rookie QB that at times seemed oblivious to the motion - think back to the last time you remember Cam putting a guy in motion. I don't think it happened here all year, but bitches were moving. I remember once Stewart was a left halfback to Cam's shotgun QB, and then started motioning out. Cam looked freaked the fuck out, like he had no idea why Stew was leaving. It's great, because it worked.

It's interesting how many Coryell teams do chuck it right after a turnover, and draw to open a two-minute. That part's universal, it seems.

Anyway, the Ravens are playing OK fundamentals, and have talent - I like what they can offer, because they're smart enough to not be beaten deep, and they tackle well enough underneath. That should make this game watchable, but not winnable for them.

2. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

I'm surprised NE is running so easily.

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

yeah those backs aren't that good, NE's line is decent but part of it seems to be these pass sets that Baltimore is putting up. They're trying to do some of this psycho defense that doesn't really seem to work anymore, instead of getting down and trying to take on the line of scrimmage.

I love watching announcers trying to suck a lineman's dick about his great block, but then they show the replay and the poor bastard's getting whipped (but the lineman didn't disengage).

4. finleye

finleye como say what?

Torrey Smith with the RAC...

5. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

How did Mare sneak into a Baltimore uniform?

I hate that either one of these teams was in this position.

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

only rooting harder for that 49ers win. A NE-NYG superbowl again would be almost insufferable.

7. Collin

Collin soap and water

Wow. It seemed like Lee Evans didn't even give a shit about losing that ball.

8. jazzbluescat

jazzbluescat superstar...yo.

Whew! I thought the Pats were going to totally peter out in the 3rd.

Go Pats!

Don't know who to pull for in the SF/NY game. I like Manning and am sentimental with the 49ers. I think the Pats can whip either one of them, tho. :smile:

9. fastlane22

fastlane22 Full Access Member

He's playing with house money just being in the nfl at this point.

10. y2b

y2b King of QC

so if the Giants, lose... Cam doesn't make the Pro Bowl