1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Cellphone Signal Extenders

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by PantherPaul, Jul 11, 2011.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Does anyone have any experience with these? Inside my home I can get 1 bar with my carrier AT&T. Verizon is even worse. Both of these carriers offer a signal extender to buy for anywhere from 150 (Verizon) or 200 for my AT&T. It chaps my ass to boost their weak signal I have to pay a one time fee. Does anyone use these and what kind of signal boost can I expect. I have read I should get a strong 4-5 bar anywhere inside. I looked on ebay and they have several for around $150 for AT&T.

2. Parker

Parker Full Access Member

I live in an area where I can't get cell service in most of my home. With AT&T, I could barely get a signal outside. Both Verizon and Sprint would get a signal outside and sometimes just inside near a window if I was lucky. I was talking to Sprint customer service and mentioned the issue and they sent me one of the devices for free with no monthly fee because of my service area.

It took a few hours for it to locate the GPS and get set up, but so far it works great. I get 5 bars in the room that it is in and 2-3 throughout the rest of the house. I was told I can go onto my account and increase the signal range, but it's not an issue so I haven't bothered.

BTW, I had bought one from Ebay and called to have it activated and it was still on someone else's account even though it was brand new out of the box. Because of that, they wouldn't take it off the account until that person called in to do it.

3. henree08

henree08 Banned From TBR

Does anyone soul any have with these? Region my base I can get 1 bar with my business AT&T. Verizon is straight worsened. Both of these carriers substance a communicate extender to buy for anywhere from 150 (Verizon) or 200 for my AT&T. It chaps my ass to boost their weak signalize I possess to pay a one moment fee. Does anyone use these and what form of communication raise can I expect. I have record I should get a alcoholic 4-5 bar anywhere exclusive. I looked on ebay and they feature individual for around $150 for AT&T.

spam

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
  4. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Copied and pasted and run through a stupid filter. Granted I gave him a head start