1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Carson Strong

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Black&Black, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I like that mother fucker. Draft him at 6.

2. morningwood

morningwood Pay for Performance

Daniel Jeremiah has the Panthers taking a CB with their first pick. What the actual fuck? How is that even possible?

brandonray99 likes this.
  3. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Strong would be QB1 in this class if he didn't have a knee made of balsa wood. I like him in a trade down scenario though, he would be worth the risk if we can fix our line in the off season. Hell, he's probably worth the risk if we don't, and decide to let Darnold earn his 5th year money by getting killed next year.

Bucky Brooks has us taking a CB as well--the same guy I think. I can't see it either--if he's THAT good we can get picks for him and we have bigger needs on offense.

Black&Black likes this.
  4. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I like Strong, but not at #6. I'd still prefer a bad attitude O lineman for the first and some other picks.

PantherPaul likes this.
  5. dig-it

I'd like for the NC State O lineman to be a Panther draft choice. I can't pronounce or spell his name, but the guy is a pancake machine.

Coach Micool and Art Vandelay like this.
  6. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

The mocks don't really pay attention until later and even then John Fox still needs a tight end. Though Gilmore and jackson are free agents so cb being a need isn't inconceivable its just not likely to be addressed that high.

7. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I would love Ikem Ekwonu at six. I've seen a lot of boards where he's considered OT1, ahead of Evan Neal. Neal has the potential, but Ekwonu is a day one starter who will give you high level play for a decade.

Charles Cross out of Mississippi State is the next guy up, and he looks like a pretty good LT prospect. There are a couple of interior linemen rated higher than he is, but he should also be a day one starter. I don't think he's ever played anything but LT in college. If we do trade down, I would be pretty happy to get him. Not sure if he's worth the sixth overall though.

The other first round prospects are Trevor Penning from Iowa and Nicholas Petit-Frere from Ohio State. Either of them would be an upgrade over Erving, and I bet both have longer arms than Christensen.

Black&Black and Art Vandelay like this.
  8. dig-it

CJ, you'd be an upgrade over that blowhard Erving.

Cyberjag likes this.
  9. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Bolt Up

Have to pay tribute tour 7-9 heritage and draft Ekwonu if the's there.

GettyImages-1349557608.png

10. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I don't love the idea of drafting a tackle at #6 with Moton already here, since he theoretically takes pressure off of the guy playing on the opposite side. I wouldn't necessarily hate it, but I wouldn't love it from a team building standpoint. Beef up the interior or play the QB lottery.

PantherPaul likes this.