1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Carolina is about to make its draft pick

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by ColinG, Mar 17, 2003.

1. ColinG

ColinG Just Football Please

And they don't even know it...

Two years ago at about this time, I decided the Panthers needed to get Dan Morgan. Thus I make the below picture (through Photoshop magic). Last year, following my friends at TBR's advice, I agreed that we should take Peppers...so I made another picture (still looking for it:( I'll post it tonight). So, as of this moment, I'm leaning heavily toward OT Jordan Gross from Utah.

I'm two for two thus far. Once I make the picture, it is all but set. It doesn't matter who is drafting in front of us, I always get my choice. (Course I don't go after players who will OBVIOUSLY not be there when we draft.)

Based on our needs, why am I wrong in taking Gross?

Attached Files:

2. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I hope Gross is there at 9 if that's who we want, and not Harris.

Anyway - what was your name on Charlotte.com? I remember when you did that.

3. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

Give us Andre Johnson!!! Hell give us f'n Charles Rogers!!!

4. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

This would make me feel MUCh better about going OT in the first:

Panthers | Still After Dyson - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
    5:41 PT: Steve Reed reports for the Gaston Gazette, despite the signing of WR Ricky Proehl, Carolina Panthers GM Marty Hurney said that does not preclude the Panthers from attempting to sign free agent WR Kevin Dyson (Titans). "We’re still interested in having Kevin if we can get him," Hurney said. "But we’ll have to see how that plays out. Right now it’s nice to have Ricky signed." Dyson's options appear to be Carolina, Washington and Buffalo or re-signing with Tennessee.

As a matter of fact, I'd WANT to go OT, unless Lefty fell, b/c we only have Tuten. Hell, we need to keep Tuten even if we draft one, lest we have ZERO depth at tackle.

But - Moose, Dyson, Smith, and Proehl would be tasty. We've also got that kid Tolhurst, and Hankton can focus on Special Teams where he should stay.

5. The Brain

Hush meat or he's gonna do Gross.. while I don't mind Gross if he as some sorta superpower I want Rogers

6. Piper

Piper phishin member

I wanted Dan as well. It was between him and McCallister, who had an injury history (funny how that’s worked out so far). He was my pick on the Charlotte.com mock back then. A lot of people wanted Dan though, and almost everyone wanted Julius.

This year, there is more division. More options.

7. Shocker

Shocker Full Access Member

OT is fine.

Interesting tid bit...
    Jordan Gross is a black belt in Tae Qwan Doe. He knows leverage and angles. He can also kick some ace if need be. :D

Shoot - I like Gross and agree with Meat - I hope we get him if we go tackle and not Harris.

Kwame has long since stated that he has many other important interests outside of football. It isn't his life by a long shot. Will he play through injury and pain?

Gross does everything extremely well and although he doesn't have monster size - he is gonna be a great all around tackle for someone. He is still gonna mature physically as well and improve. He is well worth #9 if Johnson and Lefty are gone.
    [​IMG]

8. The Brain

damn ya'll hush!!! Make one with Charles Rogers

9. ColinG

ColinG Just Football Please

I was ColinG there too (although I was "sMac Daddies" for a short period too).

Brain - Sorry, I just don't see us picking a first round WR when we are talking about a run first offense. With a 3.5 per carry run average, I got to believe we are going to address OT right off the bat. No, I think it is either Kwame Harris or Jordan Gross at OT. WE are getting ready to compete this year and thus don't need a wasted first round pick or a QB that won't be used this year OR a WR that we'd have to pay a lot to not be a starter.

Course, all bets are off if Steve Smith gets traded for us to move up. Well, even so, if we land Dyson I can't image us still not going OT.

10. Piper

Piper phishin member

True. Still, things like coming from a small school, and not playing in any all star games vs top rated competition, that gives me great pause about Gross. I'd like to know why he diidn't play in the Senior Bowl.