1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Canes Unveil New Uniforms, 10th Anniversary Logo

Discussion in 'Carolina Hurricanes' started by sds70, Sep 6, 2007.

1. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Man, has it been 10 years since the Carolina Hurricanes relocated from Hartford?

How many games did they have on Fox Sports South in year 1, 30? Stormy almost dies in the Zamboni during the 1st preseason game (still kinda funny :D :D !!!!!!), early Canes fans were few & far between but loyal. GREEN ACRES, the 1st Southeast Division Title and playoff run, Steve Chiasson (the original '3' before Dale Earnhardt '3' ), the move to the ESA, the mini-comeback against the Devils in the playoffs, the 1st run to the Stanley Cup Finals (Game 5 of the Eastern Finals against Toronto was the best sports experience ever for me, though they lost 1-0 . . I was hoping to see one of my teams win a big game in person for the 1st time ever :( :( . . . ), 2005-06 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS . . .. WOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :) :) !!!!!!

BOTTOM LINE: Why don't the Canes come out with a 3rd uniform? How about using silver as the main color. That would look cool :) :) !!!

=========

Unveil Uniform and 10th Anniversary Logo

Terrell Williams

RALEIGH, NC—The Carolina Hurricanes today unveiled their new uniforms for the 2007-08 season, and introduced plans to celebrate the team’s 10th anniversary season in North Carolina with promotions and contests throughout the year, including a home giveaway.

All 30 National Hockey League teams will be wearing new jerseys this season as part of the league-wide conversion to the Rbk EDGE Uniform System. Changes to the general design of the Hurricanes uniform include a single line of white piping around the chest, shoulders and back on the red home sweater, and red piping in the same place on the white road sweaters. In addition, each Hurricane will wear a commemorative patch on his chest this season with the 10th Anniversary logo. The new sweaters will go on sale to the general public on Sunday, Sept. 16, as part of the 8th Annual Caniac Carnival prior to the Hurricanes preseason opener.

Among the special events and giveaways planned for the Hurricanes’ 10th anniversary season is the “Canes 10th Anniversary Season Home and Prize Giveaway,” presented by St. Lawrence Homes. The contest is a season-long promotion which will have, as its grand prize, a new home, valued at more than $340,000, by St. Lawrence Homes. The 3,137-square-foot, four-bedroom, three-bathroom home will be constructed over the course of the season, and is located in Northampton, a Wake Forest subdivision, on a cul-de-sac. In addition to the house, more than 140 prizes will be given out during the promotion, which kicks off on Oct. 3. More information about the contest will be available at CarolinaHurricanes.com as the season approaches.

“We are thrilled to partner with the Hurricanes and be a part of this one-of-a-kind fan promotion in celebration of the team’s 10th season in North Carolina,” said Bob Ohmann, President and Founder of St. Lawrence Homes.

The Rbk Edge Uniform System is a technologically-advanced uniform system designed to meet the demands of today’s NHL players, finalized after more than two years of research and testing. The system features materials and fabrics that are more breathable, are more resistant to water absorption and offer greater range of movement.

2. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

If they ever went with a 3rd jersey, my guess would be black based with the alternate logo as the main crest, and the swirling cane as the shoulder crest. Silver would look like crap (see Nasvhille).

3. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

please, don't ever call the sabres unis ugly

4. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

but last year's WERE ugly, Grid. The Canes only added shoulder striping around the top of the sweater. That's nothing compared to the Buffalo that looked like a Sperm Whale jumping out of the water, a la Vancouver.

5. gridfaniker

gridfaniker Loathsome

I agree that the logo is stoopid (most sabres fans agree and would prefer the throwback 70s logo. and it's not a sperm whale; it's a banana slug), but the color scheme and everything else is good, imfmfo. carolina's were fugly last year too. this just makes them uglier. what's with the little squares around the bottom of the sweater? And if you choose to call yourselves the Hurricanes, you're pretty much locked into using a weather icon for your logo.

6. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

the squares at the bottom have always been there...they are Hurricane flags (something we in the Carolina's have to watch out for from time to time). Yes, the Buffalo colors are good--a new logo would be far better for them.

7. The_professor

The_professor ★☆☆☆

i like the new pants

8. Playa

Playa The coach is a near

I think I heard somewhere that teams can't do 3rd jerseys anymore.

I don't like the new Pens jerseys as much

new:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

old:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. solarte1969

solarte1969 ....

wow...is that the actual jersey or did they photochop it. the logo looks huge. I don't like the new style much. Hockey jerseys are billowy....

10. imking4aday

imking4aday Senior Member