1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Cam is a Patriot

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Art Vandelay, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

The Patriots will win the AFC East by three games.

2. rake

rake Need one of these

I agree that they can top their division IF they focus more on ground game and start the most “pats system” QB . ..as opposed to sticking with a young project QB, or a bad fit rehab QB

3. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Just what is the pats system? They've cycled from a more ground based offense in the early years to the record breaking late oughts to the double tight end matchup nightmare to the recent short passing, all slot WRs.

Collin likes this.
  4. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

The pats are still in an undermatched AFCE.

They'll do well with that staff regardless.

5. rake

rake Need one of these

Right, so who is more likely to fit in a ground based, short route quick read system that is never exactly the same from week to week? Does anyone here that knows cam as a player see HIM working out in that?
    I thought you guys were smart, but the cams cock cucking homers are apparently coming forth

6. Coach Micool

Coach Micool Let's Go Brandon!

That's a little harsh. Billichick is a master of changing his strategies based upon his personnel and who he's playing. I'm not sure if the pats offense has great pieces all around.

I dunno if cam can keep up, sure, even with a great o around him. We also don't know if cam's health will hold up. His best year in 2015 could be had, but his worst yearssss could also. Holding the ball too long is not something the pats have ever put up with as a design. That could be a major problem for him/them.

But I appreciate him as a former panther and hope the best for him. And I've been a pretty harsh critic. We'll see.

I don't think it's a bad move for the pats and I'd have rather seen him go somewhere else. Especially if he does well.

It's going to be fun to see him dress up like granny at pats pressers. If he doesn't anymore with them, we'll know for sure how weak our staff has been this whole time.

And it looks like it didn't get stronger with the new regime.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    Collin likes this.
  7. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

My point is the Pats system has shifted several times to the personnel they had, they'll modify it for Cam. Remember conventional wisdom was Cam wasn't supposed to fit in a Turner offense and when healthy actually looked pretty good in it.

Collin likes this.
  8. rake

rake Need one of these

I hear you, I just don’t see cam fitting in any way other than a short-yardage/goal line package QB. If he got used about as much as the saints have used Hill then I see cam as a plus in NE, even if only for a year until they can aquire a more viable long(er) term starter.

9. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

:)

Screenshot_20200629-112743_Chrome.jpg

Coach Micool and Cyberjag like this.
  10. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Understand The Art of War and you'll understand the Patriots system to a tee.