1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Brown Savages

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by gridfaniker, Feb 18, 2011.

1. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

You mean him posting more about other schools than his own, much like you?

Imagined you would come to the rescue!

2. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

lol.

He does that just get all the ACCers pissed off and it works. His first team is his school, St. Bonas, you know, the school he attended. All the other stuff is for kicks and giggles. Besides, he's right, at least this year. And yeah, I'll support anyone that supports their alma mater rather than another school that had nothing to do with them.

3. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

So the only valid reason to support a college team, in your opinion, is that you went there?

4. VA49er

Without rehashing all that, the answer would be YES when it comes to supporting your own alma mater over some other team. I get it that others may not feel that way and it's easier to pull for a winner. I get it that pulling for a team with multiple national championships is easier than pulling for a 10-16 team with more drama than a teenage girl that may not even make it's own league's tournament, let alone the NCAAs. I chose to continue to support my alma mater in the hopes that one day it will all pay off. Maybe it will, maybe it never will.

5. BUCKO

BUCKO Full Access Member

I would wholeheartedly disagree with that. I doubt very many people actually go to a school becuase of the prowess of the sports team, and if you have teams you pull for already, there's no reason to drop them just because you don't happen to go there.

6. VA49er

Really has nothing to do with attending the school based on the prowess of a sports team, although sports is probably part of the overall package one thinks about when considering a school. Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion and this season has sucked so damn much I don't really feeling like rehashing this arguement. I guess that's how it goes when one avoids the tempation of pulling for a perennial power. This must be how a Cubs fan feels. lol

7. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I've endured the Les Robinson, Herb Sendek, and Sidney Lowe eras. I've been a fan since I was a kid. I'm either a dyed in the wool fan or a glutton. Or both. I remember the good ol' days of the ACC back in the '70s. I know, saying something like that makes me old, but I'm glad I was growing up a basketball fan during that time. By time I got to college the ACC was blowing up with talent, and I got to see some of the greatest games in my memory right there in Reynolds Coliseum. Damn that was fun, especially those two weeks in late March and early April in '83. :champagne:

8. VA49er

Damn that Duran Duran! I can't hear "Hungy Like the Wolf" without thinking of that '83 Wolfpack team.

9. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Well I would think if a person actually supported their team they would actually talk about that team more than a post or two in a year. And the fact they actually went to that school and post little to nothing about them, while having a hard-on for another team or conference is well, showing great support. You may want to rephrase your last sentence.

10. VA49er

His team has sucked for years and got busted for signing a guy with a welding certificate. You think he's going to come on here raging all day about the Bonnies? lol He knows they suck but still supports them. Good for him.