1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Brett Kollman

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by tharan000, May 27, 2023.

1. tharan000

tharan000 Full Access Member

Cover 3 vs Tampa 2

CoachMcFly likes this.
  2. CoachMcFly

CoachMcFly Full Access Member

Tampa 2 is often quarter/quarter/half...in which the half player is man on the single wr side to a 3x1 formation. Against 2x2 formations Tampa 2 becomes similar to cover 3 because the Mike (who is typically a shallow "hole" player) drops deeper to allow the Safeties to lean more to the outside 1/3's

3. tharan000

I remember many years ago at the old message board when two Full Access Members had a knock down drag out fight about the difference between a comeback route and curl. I always thought they were basically the same thing. The hook is different in that you are sitting for a second or two in a specific spot against a specific defense. I played WR and S in high school and we called it the curl a "1" route. The Z would often run a hook, maybe after motion, whereas the X would run the 1 route.

But those two Full Access Members went at each other. I think they might have even met and had a fist fight. Or maybe I am just hoping that last part is true.

4. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I've always called this Cover 6. Why is it often Tampa 2 to you?

Honest question because I know different coaches can use interchangeable terms.

5. CoachMcFly

CoachMcFly Full Access Member

The only thing that makes it QQH is the the safety and Mike adjusting their drops to the trips side. It's not that it's Tampa 2, necessarily, but it resembles it in some ways. To me, all defenses are basically the same in that you have a body in a spot...it's the body type that is the difference...it's how I had to learn to process changing from a 4-3 to a 3-4 to now a 3-3-5.

We're a Cover 3 team generally, but play games getting in and out of C2. We'll show 3, play 2 and visa versa.
    QQH is a trips adjustment in our C3 rules, but some teams will use trips to get us out of position on 1st down to open running lanes and we'll check to C2 on the trips side.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  6. barry49s

barry49s Ain’t good for nothing

IMG_7850.jpeg

7. tharan000

The Fullback Comeback

rake likes this.
  8. tharan000

The NFC West

The downtown background is Los Angeles

9. rake

rake Need one of these

nice, and fullback by committee is what i've been doing in ncaa 11 for quite a while. You can't recruit and develop FBs for shit so you stop trying and just use a TE/LB in many of the exact same ways Brett talks about.

10. tharan000

All of this new media exists within Youtube, which is Alphabet, which is Google. Android is Google. Google runs this shit. And they always have. Quietly and effectively.

Alphabet, Amazon, and Toyota are the 3 greatest companies in the world right now, in my opinion.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2023