1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Brett Jensen gets the Pink Slip from WFNZ

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by sds70, Oct 24, 2013.

1. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

This Friday past (10/18) was apparently Brett Jensen's final show at WFNZ :( :( . . . . . . . Budget cuts at the station led the station to give Brett show from 10am-Noon the boot . . . . With a journalistic background, I felt that Brett was handsdown the most knowledgable of the on air jocks at 610am as far as knowing what was going on behind the scene with the Panthers/Bobcats/ACC . . .

Now WFNZ is a 3 show station; MAC ATTACK (6-10am), BUSTIN' LOOSE w/Frank Garcia (10am-2pm); and THE DRIVE (2-7pm) . . . .Yes, an extra hour of Marc James I know some of yall are stoked about that :D :D !!!!

THE BOTTOM LINE: I think WFNZ got a solid bump in ratings when THE DRIVE came on in January 2011 replacing PRIMETIME (station ads were touting how ratings were at an all time high) but now it seems things have cooled off a whole lot . . . . . . . Ive noticed in other CBS Radio Markets how the AM Sportstalk station in the bigger markets (WFAN 660AM in NYC, WIP 610AM in Philly) have added an FM signal to provide better coverage and boost ratings. Why won't the suits in NYC do the same here with WFNZ :( :( ? Im sure it would help them launch a serious bid to steal the Panthers contract with WBT 1110AM/99.3 FM . . . . Im sure well hear ads soon tauting the new WFNZ lineup (if they haven't aired already) . . .

2. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I guess I`ll have to get my fix for top ten lists somewhere else.

Yes, I didn`t like his lists.

3. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

Thank you.

4. chris

chris Full Access Member

I don't listen much, but it seems that Frank Garcia is a miserable person.

He comes across as an asshole- like in real life.

I wonder what the other staff at the station think about him.

5. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I wonder if there is a day that goes by that Garcia doesn`t mention that he`s a former player?

6. gottalaff

gottalaff Smartass

I don't mind that as much as he speaks like he is always arguing with somebody. Between that and Yarbrough yelling into the microphone and those two talking over each other, it wears me out quickly. Like I've said, thank goodness for David Glenn being on at the same time on 730am. At least he changes subjects during his show. Garcia and "Yarbs" go on and on about the same thing the whole show it seems.