1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Bose wave and xm radio

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by flyfisher, Mar 21, 2011.

1. flyfisher

flyfisher Full Access Member

is there a way to hook up XM to a Bose Wave?

2. BWI-Panther

BWI-Panther Full Access Member

Not familiar with the Bose. Does it have a direct in? This can be either RCA (the red and white plugs) or a small jack that looks like a headphone jack. If so, I am sure there are satellite tuners with outputs that should plug right in.

ETA - Googled the Wave and found this - "Auxiliary input jack lets you enjoy your TV, computer or another audio source through your Wave system." So as long as your XM/Sirius has an AUX out you should be good to go.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  3. flyfisher

Thanks. I read that too when I did a search but it wasn't clear about the XM hook up. Guess the thing to do is go to the Bose store but I hate going to Concord Mills.

4. BWI-Panther

Are you wanting a Bose XM tuner? Do they even exist? If not, there is no reason to go to the Bose store.

The Wave has an AUX input. You just need a satellite tuner that will plug in to that jack. Worst case scenario is you will need an extra cord or adaptor from Radio Shack (to convert a 3.5mm to RCA for example).

Hope this helps!

5. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

6. BWI-Panther

Discontinued item, and kind of spendy anyway at $230. From the item description I see the following -

- 5.5" Y-adapter with a male stereo RCA connection on one end a female 3.5mm minijack connector on other end.

So you can pretty much buy any XM/Sirius tuner and get the above cord from Radio Shack and you will be ready to rock out.

7. flyfisher

8. fostermutizwa

fostermutizwa Junior Member

I have a Skyfi with the home kit hooked into my Bose.Works beautifully,you can usually hide the cables somewhat.I'll second if there's ever a Bose XM.I think all the home kits come with jack to RCA cable.If the Bose has RCA hook-ups you're all set,if not it shouldn't be a problem to get a mini-jack to aux-in audio cable.