1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Best start ever for Duke

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by slydevl, Feb 9, 2002.

1. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

They have never been 22-1 before. Had been 21-1 twice before and this had made three. Rolling rolling rolling....

2. Waldt

Waldt Guest

Thats Duke basketball for you. They just keep on improving. Not like the UNC program which keeps going down hill.

3. blueblood1

blueblood1 Guest

I hate to tell you Wally, but one day COACH K will step down and things won't be too easy for you guys either.

4. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Full Access Member

UHHHH.. Waldt , first time for everything..... UNC has a hell of alot more 22-1 times or 30-0 times than Duke will dream about.

and this is the first time UNC has been this bad, unlike Duke which has had more bad years than good years.

:)

5. Waldt

Waldt Guest

Blueblood, I'm sure Coach K will step down one day. But I gaurantee you Duke won't be a laughing stock like UNC was in their coaching hunt. How many people turned the job down?

Intimidator, if thats all you can come up with then your just like all the other few Heels fans. The only records that matter are the one's your breaking now. History won't do anything for you this year. I guess your going to get an NCAA bid based on your history right.

Face it UNC sucks beyond belief. Get over it UNC is through.

6. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

How many 22-1 starts have they had Intimidator? Better yet, how many 30-0 starts have they had?

7. WYDD

WYDD Guest

well sly, give him some credit. It's not like he just threw some numbers out there.

8. blueblood1

blueblood1 Guest

Waldo, would you please tell me who all turned the UNC job down?

Dook fans how do you put up with that loser Waldo anyway? He makes all of your fans look like MORONS!

9. WYDD

WYDD Guest

blue, he may, but hearing many of the unc fans that i used to argue with completely turn away from the program at this point makes me laugh. But, since i never got an answer from you on the old boards i'll bring it up again. Since you are one of the only people to defend doh. Why do you think he'll turn it around. In a little over 2 and a half head coaching seasons he's went to the NIT, ran a #1 program into the ground, and had the worst season of unc basketball. Plus, these guys haven't improved AT all this year and have only been competitive in their wins. I'm not saying he won't turn it around, but what reasoninng do you have behind it. And not because he's a former tarheel, if that's the case, why isn't Joe Wolf coaching the heels?

10. blueblood1

blueblood1 Guest

WYDD, I'll try to answer your question but you must concede some facts first. Is this Tar Heel team talented? Do they have a capable PG? Do they have to many players playing out of position? Do they have a go to player? I don't think you can question the job Doherty did at ND. That team shoulda went to the NCAA's. They beat a lot of high ranked teams that year, and with the exception of MURPHY (who is awesome) the talent was down there too. Last years meltdown resulted becasue teams adjusted to stopping Forte. Let's face it, he was there only true scoring option last year. Can that be disputed? I even brought that fact up on some posts last year. My last point is JASON CAPEL, and my belief that he has been a cancer in this program for the last few years. Can DOHERTY turn this around? I don't know. He may be over his head. Next year he better show marked improvement with this program or it will be his demise. I don't think any of the ABCer's have been objective at all concerning Doherty or the state of UNC hoops. I can't say that I blame anybody for that. However, throwing out flames like some people do on this board does not promote kind responses from us. Not all the abcer's do it, but some do. I hope I answered your question.