1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Benjamin hurt

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by PantherPaul, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

I love the notion that Cam was forced into having a great season due to the KB injury.

2. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

Definitely wouldn't say forced. Cam played really well last year. He didn't play as well the year before. He was dealing with injuries. Having another weapon can only help.

3. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

I hope the season showed Cam he can trust all his receivers so he spreads it around.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

Yeah, he forced the ball to Benjamin far too much in 2014. I also recently saw where Carolina ranked third worst in yards gained after the catch each of the last two seasons. That's where the lack of a Steve Smith type hurts us.

5. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

Yeah none of the WR's have any real YAC ability. Olsen led the team last year in YAC but Ginn had about a 1/3 of his yards thanks to YAC.
    The big guys have very little ability and Philly doesn't add much either. Maybe part can be attributed to Shula's methodical offense and the routes the wr's are asked to run.
    Hard to really complain when they put up the points like they did last year.

6. Collin

Collin soap and water

True, but a lot of that came from the defense setting up short fields and even scoring themselves. The Panthers tied for 12th in yards gained per play with 5.5. The defense was second best in yards allowed per play at 4.9.

7. Black&Black

I do think its valid to still be skeptical of the offense as a whole. A third of our points came off of takeaways in 2015.

8. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

9. Jaz

Jaz Full Access Member

Yes. We had +20 turnover differential which is phenomenal. Led the league with 39 takeaways (Az had 33) meaning we had 19 turnovers which tied us for fifth. Teams like New England and KC were very low on number of offensive turnovers which is partly due to their offense. Being +20 is amazingly helpful. Last two years the team has ranked 1 and 2 in time of possession. Difficult to say wether it's due to the turnovers exclusively or the brand of offense they run. 2014 team was +3 in turnover differential. Hopefully the team can recreate what it had on defense because the offense is essentially the exact same.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  10. Black&Black

At his age, I'd like to see Olsen not on the field every god damn play. Sprinkle in some 4WR spread sets. He doesn't have to be on the field all of the damn time. At the very least, stop using him as a pass blocker so often. That's stupid on every front.