1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Beerbarians 1-0

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by meatpile, Apr 7, 2002.

1. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

It was a close one.

At one point, 7-2 other guys. We came back to tie, and in the second extra innning, down by 2 with 1 out, we rolled in three runs, and pulled her through.

Beerbarians 1-0.

2. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

It wuz some close one.

At one point, 7-2 otha' guys. We came back t' tie, an' in da second 'estra innnin', waaay down by 2 wit' 1 out, we rolled in trey runs, an' pulled ha' through. Homie don't play dat.

Beerbarians 1-0.

That's great. I hope to get back out somewhere near mid-season. I guess y'all had enough to show?

3. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    congrats. Who didn't suck?

4. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Yep, we had 10.

Nobody sucked. Pretty much everyone made a play, and also fucked up.

It was sweet.

5. WYDD

WYDD Guest

damnit, i was supposed to be beer guard. I didn't even think about it. I'll try and show next weekend. Who's bringing the beer?

6. bunkyboy

bunkyboy Guest

Who didn't bring brew?

Near as I can figure, me, Putt, LarryD,Queen City, Sly, and Barracuda all brought beer.

It was a glorious day for the BeerBarians. Down 7-2 early, we came back to take victory.

Putt put on a Maddox-esque display of pitching. Not only was he dropping strikes across the plate, he fielded like a true gold glove winner. And he nearly killed a Mexican.

Sly covered first. Recovering from a miss or two early on, he adeptly got ahold of the corner and ruled.

MeatPile is a bonafide second bagger. He ably handled all that came is way. He took a shot on his throwing hand bird finger early on, but hung in there despite the pain.

Cuda is definitely the most vocal of the team, as he was our first player to get in a shouting match with an opposing player. Needless to say, Cuda could kick all our asses. Shit, he knows judo, kung fu, and a couple other chinese words.

Chuck Richey drove all the way from Va. and patrolled the hot corner like he bowls. Perfect. Not to mention he managed to get on base everytime.

Turbo is the man. Caught all game. Appreciate him driving in, and keeping the drive alive when we needed it.

LarryD is the OF. If it's in the air, it's gonna get caught. He leads off,he gets on base. He gets on base, he scores. Larry is the man. Glad he made it back this weekend.

Bear. Is it your wife or girlfriend? Whatever. She's Hot. Oh yeah, good game.

Queen City made the most spectacular play of the day. Coming in for Cuda after his altercation, Queen takes a grounder to SS steps on second for one out, goes in the air to avoid the slide, throws while he is in the air to first, and very nearly gets the double play at first. Truely a thing of beauty considering he is in jeans and golf shoes. Oh yeah, he struck out swinging.

Capt Morgan drew the first blood in the first game on the first batter(right?). Capt tried to slide catch a liner to RF. Ouch. He'll probably be pulling grass out of the cuts next week. And, he struck out looking.

Bunky got on base a couple of times. Made a catch in LF that should have gone over my head. Hi fived meat and turbo as the winning runs scored.

You all gotta come on out. We are 1 and 0.

7. WYDD

WYDD Guest

what time next weekend? and where?

8. slydevl

slydevl Asshole for the People!

Superlatives

Stongest Companion: BearBryant
    Weakest Bat: BearBryant
    Most Improved: Meatpile
    Most likely to be caught with a nudie mag at the mound: Puttingood
    Laziest: QCH (I'm don't think I feel like scoring a run right now, maybe later)
    Guy who the other team is most likely to pick a fight with but can kick all their asses: Cuda
    Guy who most needs a tampon: Capt Morgan (well he was bleeding)
    Fashion Consultant: BunkyBoy (thanks for the shirts)
    Guy most likely to play catcher: Turbo (give him a call Builder) (Thanks for driving an hour and a half to help us win Turbo)
    Human Vacuum: LArryD nothing gets by him
    Perfection Personified: ChuckRichey (bowls 300, bats 1.000%)
    Designated Driver: Sly (drives in the runs and gets Putt home safely

9. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

yeah, but you have to admit the season started off on the right foot when the ump told putt that he coudln't put his drink on the mound, that it had to go back in the dugout.

that's our ace.

it was a great game guys. i think it's fair to say we are the team of destiny. we should make the next TBR party coincide with our tournament and get a cheering section out there -- heck, we already had more dogs, kids and hot women than any other team today. i say we're a shoo-in for the hardware.

10. Puttingood

Puttingood Guest

Posting pics over in Beerbarians Land----:)

And he nearly killed a Mexican. posted by Bunky

I just knocked him out for a while. He needed a rest, :)

The skinny boy was gonna kick Cudas butt and I was gonna film it. Then the dumb fuck went after Sly. :D
    You guys are good and I am proud to be a part of this dynasty.