1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Beason arrested !!!

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Wise One, Nov 30, 2009.

1. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I know it's going to be a different situation given the name I'm about to use, but I have it on good word that Dante Rosario was also involved.

Heard about this on the 16th.

2. UNCdubya

UNCdubya Full Access Member

probably because the guy he punched is a scumbag and they had to get a lot of evidence against Beason to move forward.

3. Big Mark

Big Mark Full Access Member

fill us in.

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    that's about it. That Beason and Rosario were out and that some guy got stomped a new ass. And that I was told around the 16th.

5. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

I wonder how many times the phrase 'i aint playin' was used during the beatdown.

6. Foxman

Foxman Don't read th

Roid Rage :189:

7. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

UPDATE: Beason disputes assault charge, to plead not guilty, says his attorney

Panthers linebacker Jon Beason disputes a misdemeanor assault charge against him and will plead not guilty, according to his attorney.

Beason was arrested this afternoon and charged with assault with the intent to inflect serious injury stemming from an incident at Uptown Cabaret in the early morning hours of Nov. 16, after Carolina's home win over Atlanta the previous day.

He was released today with the promise to appear in court.

Beason was arrested after his accuser, Gregory C. Frye, obtained a warrant despite the fact that a police investigation in the matter was not yet complete, according to Beason's attorney, George Laughrun.

"Jon is adamant that he had nothing to do with the assault and he will plead non-guilty," said Laughrun. "He looks forward to his day in court and to getting his good name cleared."

A copy of Beason's arrest warrant said probable cause was found that he "did unlawfully and willfully commit an assault and battery" on Frye "by punching the victim in the face with his fist, inflicting serious injuries," resulting in Frye sustaining a crushed naval cavity and swelling to his nose and eye area.

Frye has a long history of legal troubles, according to court records, including charges of assaulting a female and writing a worthless check in 2008, both of which were dismissed.

Panthers general manager Marty Hurney released a statement saying, "We were aware of the police department looking into the incident and have addressed it with Jon. At this time there appear to be two different versions of what happened.”

-- Charles Chandler

8. QC REPRESENT

QC REPRESENT Full Access Member

beasons accuser 6'4 240

Attached Files:

9. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

10. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Where/when did this story break? Because like Magnus, I also heard about this the very day after it happened (apparently at a bar the same night following the Atlanta game), and my story had Rosario involved too. I was starting to figure either this wasn't true because usually these things leak out within minutes/hours,,, or else it got swept under the rug.

I still like Beason,,, everyone makes mistakes.