1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Audiogalaxy

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Fred, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Fred

Fred .........

Every song I have tried to downlaod tonight is blocked. Even some songs I have already downloaded are showing up blocked. Does this ever happen to anyone else? Any ideas??

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    wish I could help, but I haven't used AG since 98.

3. lex

lex Guest

do you get a notice telling you you are running the old version?

and that you need to download the new version? then you hit ok and nothing?

yeah me, i have been getting reject notices from AG. sucks.

am using kazaa instead till i can figure this out.

anybody wanna help me and fred?
    :(

4. lex

lex Guest

hey c. what the hey? i dont see you.

mags, how do i add downloaded stuff to my winamp?

just downloaded "without me" and i cant listen to it cuz it is not showing up on my winamp.:(

5. Fred

Fred .........

Lex- I thought that may be the problem, so I deleted the version I had and went back to the web site and downloaded the newest version- it is the same one i had. I never got a notice that I was running an old version. My only problem is that all of a sudden- every song I look up is blocked. I can't find a song that is not blocked!

6. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    Re: hey c. what the hey? i dont see you.

easy enough. I usually start over fresh - in the playlist window, I first hit select twice. That'll select all. Then I hit the "-" button, taking away the whole playlist. Then I hit add once, bringing up the menu, and add directory. You can add directories to playlists, so if you don't keep all your songs in one folder you can add from various just as you can with single songs.

7. lex

lex Guest

oic, fred...

welp, my problem is much worse than yours, fred. i cant even get into AG! it just keeps telling me i am running the old version and asks if i want to download new one, yet when i click ok, nothing. so i do it over, and nothing. like i am in this "twilight zone" loop! so i gave up. just went into kazaa. just go to kazaa fred. and mags already got instructions on how to add. man this kazaa thing is not very user friendly...but at least it's operational.

thanx, c! you are 100% sugar! kinda like cotton candy only different!
    :D

8. AppState

AppState Mountaineers

cut and paste from yahoo news

Audiogalaxy, a popular Internet file-swapping service, agreed Monday to filter copyrighted works as part of a legal settlement with the recording industry.

Under the settlement, Audiogalaxy is required to obtain permission or consent
    from a songwriter, music publisher and/or recording company to use and share copyrighted works. In addition, Audiogalaxy has agreed to pay the music publishers and recording industry an undetermined amount of money based on Audiogalaxy's assets and interest in resolving the case quickly, according to the Recording Industry Association of America ( news - web sites).

9. Fred

Fred .........

Well damn!

10. lex

lex Guest

dang it. i love AG!

guess i will just have to get used to kazaa...

thanx, appstate!
    :cool: