1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Artist you just don't get the appeal?

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by PantherPaul, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Piper

Piper Guest

I get MJ. He's a self mutilation child molester who wants to look like Liza but ended up looking like Alien. What's not to get.

2. voyergirl

voyergirl Guest

but i do like POD................ they are pretty good, but are ranked in the christian groups. therefore many people don't give them a second listen, they are really pretty good. i should start linking more videos for you all to watch. the eminem one worked well.

3. gutter

gutter Ruud Van Nistilroy

umm, are there any numbers in POD? Here's what I mean...

Blink 182
    Sum41
    Matchbox 20
    3 Doors Down
    SR71
    Eve 6

4. Hurricane

Hurricane Natural Disaster

LOVE POD....esp BOOM....LOVE that song...

5. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Son of Anarchy

I never was much of a Deadhead, but I liked a few of their songs. Here's a good one - my favorite one actually:

The Dead

The old obscure stuff is the best.

Most of the others named I really like. Bob Dylan I have every album he ever put out I think. I liked Alice Cooper. I never even saw a show, I liked the music. I thought the Clash rocked. I even like me some Neil Diamond every once in a while.

Rap - you can keep that shit. The only rap song I ever liked was Baby Got Back by Sir Mix a lot, and only because it had a video of chicks asses and was good for a laugh. All the rest of rap can go to hell in a handbasket for all I care.

6. TW1GGY

TW1GGY Do you scream??

I agree totally on the dead. I FUCKING HATE HIPPIES!!! You can have all of the jam music.

Here is another band I can't understand is Nirvana. I was into and still love this band. I just don't understand the reaction to them. Why Is Kurt Cobain worshiped?? I think Nirvana was a great band but nothing to level of what they are considered today.

7. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    agree totally. Same with the Doors. They put together some damn good music but this shit of Jim Morrison's gotta go. He wasn't a deity, he was just a brash asshole who got under various influences and did crazy shit. I guess if Peter Frampton had died when he was popular, we'd have the same thing there? I mean Jimi rocked, smoked, and put together more good music in four years than huge acts like U2 or Michael Jackson have in 20 + years, IMO. So I can get up on a little Jimi worship, because he was an innovator and sounded damn good. Otherwise, this self-inflicted early death after bouts of depression in your prime deal is starting to get old in Rock.

8. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

I have started liking that band too - my daughter wanted me to download some songs and I liked everyone of them - didn't know they were considered a Christian group - if thats true then that is my kind of church music!

9. Piper

Piper Guest

Except, his prime was over. Morrison was pretty much done with the Doors, and making music, and the Doors were done with him. So other than a crappy solo album or two, we didn't miss much IMO. With him, I think the attraction is that he burned out instead of fading away, to paraphrase Young.

Whereas with Cobian and Hendrix, there was still some creative forces working there.

10. jazzredcat

jazzredcat Guest

"I agree totally on the dead. I FUCKING HATE HIPPIES!!! You can have all of the jam music."

Hippies were just naive/dumb young adults; hating them would be like cruelty to dumb animals.
    :)

".....Doors. They put together some damn good music but this shit of Jim Morrison's gotta go. He wasn't a deity, he was just a brash asshole who got under various influences and did crazy shit. I guess if Peter Frampton had died when he was popular, we'd have the same thing there? I mean Jimi rocked, smoked, and put together more good music in four years than huge acts like U2 or Michael Jackson have in 20 + years, IMO. So I can get up on a....."

Some damn good points Mag. The damn good music/Doors is debatable:), but I totally agree with this deity shit and Jimi's music. Now, Jimi rocked/swung!:)