1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Artist you just don't get the appeal?

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by PantherPaul, Jun 18, 2002.

1. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Guest

Clash

Now there is a ground breaking group I like. These guys were SO much better than the Sex Pistols (IMO)

2. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

I'm sure I'll get drawn and quartered for this but here goes anyway

The Grateful Dead

I don't dislike them - just never could get into them - everyone says you need to see them live

well i did - in gboro around 1981 - all the Dead Heads were loving it - i still didn't.

3. Hurricane

Hurricane Natural Disaster

Oh Wossa you da man! I totally don't get the dead either!!! My God...its totally EWWWW!!!

And Ozzy.....he absolutely has NO brain cells and people LOVE him. :rolleyes:

Gutter that guy in SOD scares the you know what outta me.....the way he makes his eyes get really big like they are gonna pop right out...damn....like the music but I can't watch him without putting my hands over my eyes and peaking between my fingers.

4. gutter

gutter Ruud Van Nistilroy

They are awesome live. And he is just as scary. I love it when he sports the giant fro on his head. Seeing them at House of Blues will be far better than any arena tour.

5. Hurricane

Are they coming to house of blues? Which one? MB? Tell me when...

6. gutter

Oh I'm sorry. I meant when I saw them at the House of Blues will be better than any arena tour. That was a couple years ago. They are headlining Ozzfest right now. I hope they do another club tour after that.

7. Hurricane

OIC...sorry...blonde moment....I'm in MB a lot and was hoping to get to check them out. I'd just have to stand far enough away so I couldn't see the EYES!

8. voyergirl

voyergirl Guest

great sound coming out of S.O.D.

they just played the oz fest in philly and i heard they were GREAT, i didn't go. i can't totally get into all the heavy metal sounds, but i enjoy them from afar.

i too must agree, i always thought i was to young to get into the DEAD scene, but even if i were older i still don't think they'd be my cup of tea lol. i think lots of people blindly jump on the coattails of who is popular at that moment. you know when your young you listen to what everyone else listens to. this is how so many bands get the large followings. there are LOTS of bands that sound great, but aren't flashy enough for the teens of that era. face it the weird stuff sells in the music industry. each new group seems to have a quirk about them that catches someones eye.

9. Piper

Piper Guest

>>i too must agree, i always thought i was to young to get into the DEAD scene

Nah, got nothing to do with how old you are. It's a cultish taste that you either have or don't. Hell, late 80s, early 90s was when they were the most popular.

I actually got into the dead after I got into Phish, who I still think were/are a more talented musically. I was kind of snotty about the dead until I got into college.

SOD seems to be prog-metal band, sort of a Rush meets Kiss (or Dream Theatre meets Gwar, for a modern context). Different. I like it.

Bands I never got:
    Flock of Seagulls
    Warrant/Poison
    Goo Goo Dolls/Matchbox boring/Let’s all sound the same 4th rate grunge pop bands

10. gutter

Odds are if your band name is a series of letters and numbers you will be another boring clone. Kind of like people on this board.

I don't get Michael Jackson. He's a freak. He doesn't look human. He pays for his own tribute show and acts like everyone came becasue they love him. People cried at his show. It was tears of pity.