1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Around The League 2021

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by dig-it, Jan 8, 2021.

1. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

where's this coach security coming from? New gm always adds weirdness to that and we've already seen odd dynamics play out with ownership (bull Moose had this on his Twitter but I can't scroll through the posts enough to find it). Selling me with but the qb isn't great isn't selling me. The defense improved but outside of burns I see more solid than emerging stars. The team needs to be looking for a chris harris not a ken lucas if you catch me. Use the shrunken cap to grab glue guys that can do a job and keep on drafting. But I suspect tepper is going to wanna splash some cash to feel like he's doing something so we'll buy a gold plated somebody.

2. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Rhule got a ridiculous contract, remember?

I also think we're going to do something at the QB position that generates a little excitement, either in Free Agency or the draft. We're going to become a preferred destination for FAs either this year or next.

3. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

[​IMG]

4. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

As recently as 3 years ago you could count Ron, Garrett and McCarthy among the highest paid coaches in the league. Seems big contracts are little deterrent to trigger happy owners.

5. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

We don't have the cap space to sign another quarterback who could actually push Bridgewater. The team's best bet for a playoff push is to upgrade the offensive line and hope Teddy rebounds. Honestly the more I watch the games, the less blame I put on the quarterback.

PantherPaul and DogBoy like this.
  6. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

[​IMG]

7. rake

rake Need one of these

Even with just 6 picks I’m feeling more positive about this draft for carolina. .. And i didn’t even drink tonight. (yet)
    VERY Deep OL draft (especially) tackle prospects.
    Some above average CB prospects, and a few who could be decent (TALL kids) one or two of those might be around for that #104 pick.
    Feel like carolina can land 3 solid starters (at least by mid season) and hopefully a few more contributors in the trenches and special teams.
    Hopefully there will be a couple of lucky waivers and they will probably pull off some surprise trade that will benefit the hole left by KK &/or the big need for a better Mike.

8. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

No quarterback can run, duck or pass behind a festering turd line. High picks on the line arent sexy but damn when they hit you look like a fucking genius

DogBoy and Coach Micool like this.
  9. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I really think Slater is a possibility at #8 if we don't go QB. At one point I was sure that pick would be Parsons or the best Corner available, but I'm coming around to OT.

rake likes this.
  10. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Slater looks like a guard to me. Maybe he can be a Kelvin Beachum type LT for a while, but he looks like a really good guard, which means I'd probably rather take him in the teens than at #8.

rake likes this.