1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Apple or PC

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by sdawg, Feb 19, 2002.

1. sdawg

sdawg Guest

Which one of these do you use?

I have tried both. I use a PC but I love MAC's OOOooo Dual G4 OOOoooooo!!!!!! I wish I had some money!!!!!

2. The Brain

The Brain Defiler of Cornflakes

DIE MAC DIE!!!!

3. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

I own a Mac, but it's in a closet somewhere. For the sake of my career, I had to go with PC's. Got 2 at home, a desktop at CMS, and a company laptop.

4. Mac's are so much better than PC's it's not even funny. Sadly, I must use a PC if I want to get ahead in the world because that's what's out there... sigh...

It's funny -- even with the Mac being out for 15+ years, Windows still feels like it's a cheap imitation. How long does it take to copy something? Sheesh.

5. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

It's like Coke or Pepsi, Ford or Chevy...

I don't know what you use a Mac for, but in terms of SYSTEM management (like lots of PC's), Windows is the better operating system.

6. Oh? So you can finally manage multiple work stations from one PC now?

I remember a few years ago, all the NT users I knew hated the fact that you had to physically go to each PC to actually "manage" anything.

I don't know enough to claim that Macs are any better at this, but clearly UNIX sets the standard for System Management. Hmmm... considering that Mac OS X is based on a UNIX Kernel, I would guess it's probably pretty easy to manage as well...

But yeah, it's like Coke or Pepsi. Everybody has their favorite.

Macs have started to fall victim to the problems that PCs have always had -- stuff going on that the average person has no idea how to fix. The PC has the Registry and Mac's have Extensions...

7. mathmajors

mathmajors Roll Wave

Yeah, you can manage Windows PC's via a domain, or if you have Microsoft's Systems Management Server.

I haven't dealt with Unix PC's. Our company does Unix systems though. Killer software.

Registries can be a pain in the ass. Usually somebody's got documentation, though.

And after all this, I'm a CNE, but that's a whole 'nuther ball of wax.