1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

anderson could go on the PUP list

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by LarryD, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Piper

Piper Guest

excluding being the operative word there.

2. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

i'm not going to pretend that the panthers are any different than every other team in every sport -- there are players out there who are more concerned with their future than their team's present.

if you can help your team by being on the field, you should do so. you're getting paid gobs of money.

3. Freakshow

Freakshow Fuck you guys.

The Panthers were fucking stupid to draft him in the first round. Too big a gamble. Guys from small schools are usually there for one of 2 reasons.

1. Not good enough for division 1A

2. Too stupid to qualify for 1A

4. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

Unless you are named Jerry Rice, Walter Payton or Terry Bradshaw.You are pretty much right Freak. Way too much of gamble for a first round pick.

5. Piper

Piper Guest

Well, Bradshaw might have been too stupid for Div 1-A.

6. AppState

AppState Mountaineers

Rubbish.

7. BigMark

BigMark Guest

Since we've all got a little time to kill, let's all run down the list of NFL Hall of Famers that came from ASU, WCU, ECU, Davidson, Lenior-Rhyne, Mars Hill, and all the other non-ACC schools in NC.

OK, I'm done.

8. Y2Buddy

Y2Buddy Guest

Moose's problem is he's never missed a game due to hands of stone. He's NEVER had to worry about his job as the starting WR.

I don't blame Anderson at all. Isn't similar to Jason Peter. Maybe he doesn't want to believe the fact surgury is required and he may never be the same again and this could be the beginning of the end of a very short NFL career. I'm sure if was a knee or an elbow it would be a different story.

I think Biak was never really a football player. Did he start playing football in college? He just wasn't tough, and though he put every effort into it, I think there was still room for more desire. It all goes back to Rudy. Sometimes players have the talent, but lack heart.

And as far as Chuck Smith, he put himself in front of the team. I stilll think he ended his career by trying to comeback too early just to play the Falcons. He had the will to play, but he was just motivated for that one game, and his body wasn't ready.

9. Y2Buddy

Y2Buddy Guest

No, you forgot the 2 we spent on Gilbert.

10. Piper

Piper Guest

Smith was just done before he came here. Just done. He/We just didn't know it yet. Can't blame him.

Some players are just injury prone. Tsimunga never had injury problems at Michigan, but college is a different game.