1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

anderson could go on the PUP list

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by LarryD, Apr 3, 2002.

1. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

rashard anderson is going to have surgery next thursday to repair his bulging disc. hurney said anderson may not be clered to practice until september and the panthers are considering their options, which include putting anderson on the physically unable to perform list. if he goes on, he'd be out of the first six games with a three-week option for activation in 2002.

2. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

Has he said why he has waited so long to get the surgery done?

3. LarryD

no. but we can speculate.

he's a puss who knows he's not nfl starting material and wants to make easy money by sitting on his butt and cashing checks.

there. i said it.

4. BearBryant

Thanks for saying it...I had actually said it my first post but erased it.

5. p2k1f

p2k1f Guest

yeah larry, i agree. this topic was hotly debated on the other board and i got called an idiot, as well as other things for saying that - so i just said it more.

6. LarryD

well, we can fully explore the issues on this board because it rocks.

guys ay it all the time, "there are some players on this team not fully committed to winning." or some such. well, who are they? sometimes, actions speak much louder than words.

i don't care how much biakabutuka wanted to be on the field. fact is, he wasn't. moose seems to sit out for minor stuff, too. just my opinion.

7. Piper

Piper Guest

Rashard: I understand his wanting a second opinion, and wanting to avoid surgery if possible. But it is April. Now we can't count on him at all, and he may have screwed himself out of any chance of being a starting NFL corner. He hasn't done everything he could to come back from injury, and that's when I blame a player.

Now, most consider the Chuck Smith situation to be one of the worst mistakes the franchise has ever made. But I can't really blame Chuck. Sure, the team may have advised against surgery. Some doctor recommended it, and if it had worked out, he would have been able to extend his NFL career and play at a high level for several years. All surgeries carry risk, and I don't see a player wanting surgery to avoid playing. That doesn't make sense. He did everything he could, and tried to play through the pain even when it was obvious he was playing on one leg. That's not being a puss. That's giving it a go after your body told you, "you're done."

Similarly, Moose has played through injuries. Tsimunga tried to, he's just not able. There should be a difference between someone who doesn't do everything they can to get back, and someone who tries to, but because of either physical or mental limitations, can't. In the end, you have to cut the cord for both, but I reserve my contempt for the former, not the latter.

8. meatpile

meatpile 7-9

Wow.

That makes ALL of our first round picks, excluding Morgan, a bust.

It also makes corner a very pressing issue. Goddamit. I'm really disappointed about this.

9. Piper

Piper Guest

How does it make Morgan a bust?

10. BearBryant

Meat said excluding Morgan. Not a bust..yet