1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

All Pro's Drafted by the Panthers

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by UNCfever, Jan 9, 2011.

1. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Well, I understand those past years don't really matter as for those players playing right now, it's more to show a history of how our team drafts compared to successful teams which for the most part we had better draft position, which is important now if the same management is making the draft choices. Whether is JR, Hurney or Fox or whoever the past several years.

2. law1ng2b2

law1ng2b2 Full Access Member

I understand that. JR is the common denominator but I am not sure he has had a ton of input into the drafts over the years.

But really...you want to know what NE has that we don't? Tom Brady. It's that simple. When you have a guy behind center that makes everyone better, it's a lot easier to reload. When you don't have that guy, you have to rebuild.

3. stratocatter

stratocatter Full Access Member

Pats stockpile picks through shrewd FO dealings, both draft day trades and flipping players. We used to be able to trade down on draft day and still help ourselves but starting in '08, we did an about face. It's past time that we return to the former strategy.

Looking back at our top picks, '97-'00 was brutal. The last two years have been pretty shitty as well.

4. UNCfever

UNCfever Full Access Member

Read the post below your last one, that sums it up a lot as well. Although I do agree, a top tier QB probably = 5 top tier players combined from other positions.