1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

ACC rookie of the year

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by vpkozel, Mar 5, 2003.

1. WYDD

WYDD Everybody dance now.

hey franchise welcome to the real world here. I've never EVER heard coach k blame a game on the refs. I'll admit he cusses them the whole game, but when the game is said and done, he gives praise to other team for beating them. That's it.

Excerpts from losses this year:
    St John's- "Hatten was really good,'' Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "He kept making plays and put himself in a position to get fouled.''

"We didn't play nearly as well as we've been playing and certainly a lot of that had to do with the intensity in which they attacked the boards,'' Krzyzewski said. "They came to play today.''

Wake Forest-"If you want to point out one guy it should be Justin Gray," Krzyzewski said. "He looked like a very mature player out there, very poised. That helped them immensely."

Fla St.- ''We missed shots that we've hit a lot of times,'' Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said. ''We could never get the lead.''

''They just knocked us back,'' Krzyzewski said. ''Our defense could not stop their offense. They were not going to be denied.''

NC State- "He played like a real veteran,'' Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said of Crawford, who had six assists. "My hat goes off to him. He was really good and he hasn't been hitting like that. When you win games like this you need people to step up. I thought they had that.''

Maryland- "Maryland played like a veteran team and we played like a young team,'' Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "They just played better than we did. They deserved to win. They played harder and better.''

"I know I have a work in progress,'' he said. "Because we won all of our games up to now somebody voted us No. 1. I have coached No. 1 teams and I know that's not where we're at.''
    -----

Wow, what an asshole coach K is. You're right. Everyone of those quotes contain nothing but coach k complaining and bashing the other team. Franchise, don't worry. I don't think you're stupid, just ignorant.

2. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

you get dumber everyday. Why would anyone want an injured player?

3. WYDD

i'll take 4 years of shelden williams over 3 years (maybe) of may.

Then again, when Deng beats everyone's ass next year, i don't think we'll be talking about either.

4. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

that must be from the Duke website, he says stuff EVERY POST GAME...they just keep the negative shit out...but if you say so....:rolleyes:

5. WYDD

bullshit. yep, i'm calling bullshit on that one. From espn's website, and their recaps are always ap news stories. Second, i've kinda made it a point to listen up since heels fans say he has no class. I'll admit duke gets the majority of the calls and k yells at the refs too much, but the man doesn't talk shit after the game.

Who do you like, carolina? The team who has guys that aren't smart enough to not repeat what their coach says in the huddle?

6. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

Coach K after the St. Johns game...

"St. Johns played good, but The Madison Square Garden spirits were with them today"....

basically meaning, they got lucky....not meaning like he should have said...We aren't a top ten team, and we got beat.

7. WYDD

yeah, that screams confidence in your team when you say they aren't top 10 material. Does wonders for a team after blowing an 11 point lead.

At least you're not reading into a vague comment too much.

Almost as good as doh complaining about lack of talent mid-season last year.

8. Franchise

Franchise Turn it Blue

I was being silly when making that comment....I will drop it since you say K is "The greatest"....I just hope the poor bastard doesn't catch the best coach of all time. Or one of the best...if you claim to hold some intelligence you should know who I am talking about...he happened to coach Carolina a few years ago...

9. WYDD

oh, you mean the guy that if coach k continues his current pace will break his total wins record in 6 less years (courtesy of charlotte observer, debated on charlotte.com a few years back), already has more championships, and is knocking on the door of his tourney victories.

No, who is this you speak of?

10. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

i saw Kqwuquqouqqoaoiaosj's comments after the st john's game - he was whining about not getting the foul call on Ewing when Hatten knocked the ball away - and he was rolling his eyes and grinning when he made the Madison Square Garden God's comment so you could tell it was an offhand smack at the ref's for calling the foul that put Hatten on the line.

fuck you diddy - did you miss the work release bus this afternoon?

you're supposed to call in - not head to the library pcs. :p

Based on the stats Bosh should get it - its practically a GA Tech lock anyway.

reddick has put up good numbers but not in the league as felton -
    feltons points would be much higher if he was playing two guard.