1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

A thought...

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Shaggy, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Just leave the preps forum here. Those people make me very uncomfortable.

2. Black&Black

I'll make sure they stay out of my territory.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

If you can handle your own offtopicness, that would work too. :D

4. Black&Black

Oh, so that was your way of blaming me for the problem?

5. Black&Black

You may not like some of the language I use, but generally every thread I start in the Panthers forum has to do with either the Panthers or the NFL. There's nothing off-topic about it. Off-color perhaps, but I'm a bad man and I don't apologize for that.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

Nope not blaming you at all. You are right, your posts are on topic with Panthers content, but they come off as off topic in thread titles as you said. That's what I guess I was trying to say, if they can be setup a little differently. Once again, your not the problem, you are one of the members that are keeping the site going. Hope I didn't piss you off as I wasn't trying to.

7. Smoke Screen

Smoke Screen Fire Ron Rivera's Dumbass

How about FuckDaveGettleman'sFatFuckingAssWithanEbolaInfestedDildo.com

That should ramp up the traffic...

8. Black&Black

[​IMG]

9. Collin

Collin soap and water

The site not growing has nothing to do with off-topic posts and everything to do with it having no reason to grow. Traffic everywhere is down, including the largest message boards on the internet. Part of it is natural dispersal as more and more sites siphon off each other just as the proliferation of TV channels decimated the ratings of the major networks, and part of it is the continued technological evolution where people spend less time on sites like this and more sharting their irrelevant thoughts on Twitter or Facebook.

I think the name change for the Panthers forum while leaving the rest of TBR alone is a fine idea, and given the lack of quality in Panthers message boards it's possible you could find some traction with the right content. Approach magnus about potentially using his blog content. The stuff I did for my old site would have been excellent but I no longer have any interest in doing all that work for free. But don't make the mistake of thinking that clean forums are an attraction. They aren't. Obviously you don't want dick pics and it's fine even to forbid profanity in thread titles, but personality is what interests people. BoA's atmosphere is horrible precisely because JR made it a "family-friendly" stadium where you're only supposed to cheer at the right times and at the right volume if no one around you objects while never taking your shirt off or talking about Mike Smith being a cuckold.

Building up any site traffic is a longshot for anyone at this point, but if you're interested in making the attempt then you need to have enough madness for it to be entertaining without things becoming truly insane. B&B actually does a great job of walking that line. He and Abusive would also be great sources for front page content if they're willing.

10. Black&Black

Yeah that stuff is a grind. I think I'd have to get paid to do it on a consistent basis, but I'd probably be willing to contribute every once in a while. I admire anybody who does or has done that kind of stuff just for the love of it.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014