1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

3OT WING 3-2

Discussion in 'SportsTalk' started by barracuda, Jun 9, 2002.

1. barracuda

barracuda Provocateur Extraordinair

What a game, I'll have to admit that both teams play well, it's just that the WINGS played better!

GO WINGS 3-2 in the 3rd OT :cheers: :apfbbt:

2. AppState

AppState Mountaineers

:(

3. panthersrool

panthersrool Guest

Just got back from the game...The ESA was absolutely spectacular. It reminded me of a college football atmosphere actually. The fans really poured their soul into the team. At one point after the first goal, a stat was flashed up on the Jumbotron that said we hit 114 dB - the equivalent of 3 jet engines. However it was not enough. After watching this game I am convinced that the Hurricanes will not win the cup. They may win another game or two, but the Wings are simply the best team money can buy. For Irbe to play as spectacularly as he did, with 49 saves, and to come away with no win to show for it is simply unbelievable. If he can play this well and we still lose, we have no hope. We can't generate any offense, and when we get a lucky shot off, who else is there but one of the greatest of all time, Hasek, to stop it. Congrats to all you Wings fans, you get one more cup to add to your collection. Sorry to be so negative fellow Canes fans, but these are the facts as I see em.
    Later,
    pr

4. BearBryant

BearBryant Full Access Member

how much were tickets going for?

5. slans

slans Guest

I tought that the wind in the 3rd period gave a bit more than the Cane's could handle it.

It was inevitable in the Ot that the wins would score..

4 posts!! ouch!!! Irbe has to get those long shots!!!

6. panthersrool

panthersrool Guest

BearBryant, I was one of the losers who waited impatiently online right at the stroke of 8:00 AM. After clicking refresh about 25 times I actually got through and got 2 seats club-level in the section right next to the media for $150 a pop. I consider myself fortunate, after hearing about the 3000-4000 poor souls who camped out all night to wait in line and find out that geeks like me got all the tickets while they were waiting in line.:p

pr

7. sds70

sds70 'King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me!!!!!'

Last I check cuda, you still need 4 wins to claim the Cup . . . DOn't get too cocky now :) !!!!!!!!!!

CANES IN 6 . . . . CANES IN 6 :invasion: :invasion: !!!!!!!

8. slans

slans Guest

So whats up for tonight?

Whos going to the game?

9. Shocker

Shocker Guest

This was a killer loss for da Canes. They worked there aces off, but Detroit is Detroit after all. The Wings were just too damn tough and relentless. Although, this is turning into a classic series - the Canes might need a miracle.

10. Puttingood

Puttingood Guest

Not me Slans. I don't like it well enough to pay to watch it. I will be glued to the tv though. Thats more than I would do for the nba playoffs.