1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

#34 Pick - RB Clinton Portis

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Y2Buddy, Mar 14, 2002.

1. McFly41

McFly41 Guest

I originally had us taking him in the second in my Mock Draft. However, I don't think we'll pick an offensive player at all on day one. Unless, of course, someone special slips to us in the third?

2. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    I think my concern with the situation is ust like with Trung Canidate two years ago when I was real big on him during the senior season.

He's rising because of speed, not because of his overall ability as a back. That ability earned him a 2nd round pick, so don't think I'm bagging on the guy. But if he goes high 2 he goes because his speed pushed him up that high. We don't want a speed back so I can't rate him any higher than before he ran.

3. Y2Buddy

Y2Buddy Guest

Ah ha.....

Dunn really wants to be, and thinks he can be a feature back. Atlanta seems to be where he's headed (for uh, 4-4.5 mil/yr). Good luck Warrick if Anderson stays healthy. Well if Dunn could be a feature back, why can't Portis. A Junior that's 2" taller and 20 lbs heavier. He's not that much lighter than some great feature backs playing right now. So what's the knock on him not fitting our scheme of things, or not being able to carry the load?