1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2024 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by dig-it, Feb 3, 2024.

1. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

Ok, at 33, there are always teams wanting to come up and get the guy that fell out of 1st round, and since Bo Nix and Penix might be there, somebody that missed out in the first, could be calling.

we have 39, how far back from 33 pick would you go?

Like 39 and 44 from Raiders, while picking up their 77 and getting our 101?

If Barton, or a stud Edge, or big time WR is there at 33, then we stay I figure, but if not, the 2nd tier WR's are close to the same?

Most times, I look at Big Boards and figure from 25 rated player down, could be there for the 33 pick. Barton, Chop Robinson, would be no brainers. Maybe even AD Mitchell.

After that,......

https://gbnreport.com/2024-big-board/

2. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I wouldn't mind trading down a bit, but I don't want to miss out on a potential blue chip player to do it. I do subscribe to the same philosophy that Fitterer did around potential stars--there are only about 10-12 in the top tier of the draft and then there are a lot of players who can develop. If we can increase the odds of getting a solid developmental guy, then great. But again, not at the expense of getting a potential stud WR.

3. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Please, just no more DJ Johnson moves this draft. The Panthers have enough needs that they could go BPA at every position except for QB. We've all seen it's possible not to have enough depth at any position. Is it possible to just go chalk in the second, third, fourth, and fifth rounds and not try to make moves to show how clever or cute you are?
    Yes Mr. and Mrs. Tepper, I'm talking about you. No more Smitty input into the war room.
    I don't want to hear about some touching back story being the reason for a selection. I don't want to hear about any form of nepotism being mentioned in a selection. How much can assistant coaches and coordinators know about scouting and player fits and progression?

Look at the draft as taking the wife and kids to a week off work vacation to Disneyworld. Don't fuck the family over by driving 300 miles out of your way because someone keeps screaming they want to see the worlds biggest rubberband ball somewhere.

4. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

Say we drop down from 33 to 44 with Raiders and pick up the 77. At least Day 2 of draft will be fun. Day 3 is always a roll of the dice. Going with GBN Report Big Board just for drill.
    Assuming McConkey gone

WR Leggett
    LB E Cooper
    DT Fiske

C Frazier (if scheme fit)
    CB Melton
    LB Wilson
    Edge Braswell
    WR Pearsall
    Edge Kneeland

LB Colson
    WR R Wilson
    LB Trotter
    CB Sainristil

5. dig-it

I know there is a lot to like about Legette, but a negative that was mentioned that I didn't notice when watching the highlight is the lack of him doing comeback or back shoulder fade routes. Reason given is that his thick body mass doesn't allow him the ability or body control to be able to consistently make those moves. We saw plenty of plays from Mingo and other Panther receivers flatten out or continue drifting forward while running their routes instead of coming back a couple of yards for a catch. It seems, if Legette is moving it always seems to be forward, whether with the ball or not.
    Bootleg Sports has Ainias Smith as a sleeper WR choice. Described as a WR with RB moves and a minuscule drop rate.

stirs likes this.
  6. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

WR's can be boom or bust just like QB's

I am just working off the GNB big board and doing some guess work.
    3 weeks left till the guessing is over

7. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Why not QB? Purdy probably saved Lynch if not shanahans job after the Lance disaster. Cousins covered for RG3....

8. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

Would not be surprised if we take on with the last couple of picks. I would not know which one they might be interested in that far down the draft board

It would turn Panther world upside down if we took a QB with one of the first 3 picks however.

9. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

Guess I can take Fiske off as we locked up Brown. I had put him on in case we could not sign Brown

10. dig-it

Mainly because of the lack of picks. Chances of hitting on a contributor is greater outside of a QB, punter, kicker. Dalton can cover for Young.