1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2024 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by dig-it, Feb 3, 2024.

1. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

I am just looking at how every team seems to have that slight guy that runs away from everyone. Is not a day in day out player, but makes big plays. McConkey would be my choice, but he is now getting looked at late 1st, so the next value from most boards (not NFL boards I know) is Worthy

2. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

Post free agency, it looks like our weak areas are:

OLB and WR as tier 1
    CB as tier 2
    C, ILB, RB, TE are tier 3

3. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

CB is definitely tier 1. If you're counting on Horn you're going to be disappointed

4. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

The only way I would take a CB over a WR or OLB at the top of the 2nd round is if all EDGE guys and WR's were gone. I don't see that happening.

But sure, we could see a CB at 39 if a really good one dropped while EDGE guys got picked early.

If I were looking at injuries being my reason for drafting, I might pick almost any position, but I think them bringing back Troy Hill and signing a couple vets is what sent CB to Tier 2 for me.

It is the draft, we are the Panthers, we might draft another Guard. Just about 3 weeks and we will know

5. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

The two new guards are looking like an improvement, but the very middle looks to be a "IDK" spot. No one mentions the center spot all that much for the draft. I mean there are centers and then there are quality centers.
    If JPJ, Barton, Frasier, Zinter, are there at 33 or 39 would you take him? Do I trust Horn to stay healthy? Hell no, but do I take that possibility over Corbett playing out of position and coming off a torn ACL getting Young squashed? If one of those centers are there then I would take one somewhere in the 2nd round.

6. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

If JPJ or Barton fell, then absolutely, especially with Barton being able to play all 3 positions.
    Frazier is a tough kid but I read that he would not fit Canales offense. But the smoke and mirrors predictions and rumors start this month

7. dig-it

What was the reason given?

8. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

mobility

Can't move left and right.

similar to the center we just let go

For run game, he would be great, but passing and zone blocking, not so much.
    at least that was the talking head opinion

9. Black&Black

Black&Black Keep Pounding

The Panthers have the worst CB corps in the NFL, even if you don't factor in the 5+ games Horn will miss. It's a depressing cast of nobody's and slot only types.

10. dig-it

I watched a few CB rate and critique videos. I thought they were basically all over the place.
    This one gave the most info on the most CBs. I mainly used it to get familiar with names.