1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2024 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by dig-it, Feb 3, 2024.

1. CoachMcFly

CoachMcFly Full Access Member

I actually kind of liked their approach, at least the early picks. Penix will sit for a couple years and they can build to prepare for him to take over...not having to play right away is beneficial for a QB.

2. CoachMcFly

CoachMcFly Full Access Member

Shirden has the potential to be a great addition as a returner and possibly a long down and distance back. He'd be a decent slot WR for Jet Sweeps and Bubble routes...if he can catch?

3. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

That's fine if Penix was worth anything close to the #8 pick. He's a very average NFL prospect with two knee injuries. Taking him in the top 10 is lunacy.

They added nothing substantial to their team. Those defensive players taken on day two are likely to be forgettable rotational guys.

CoachMcFly likes this.
  4. Black&Black

Yeah, I like the UDFA signings.

CoachMcFly likes this.
  5. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

ATL just can't nail the coaching hire I don't believe in Morris anymore than I trusted Smith. They've had teams good enough to 'make a run' and did when they happened to have one of the best OCs in the game but can't do it consistently otherwise.

6. Schwantz34

Schwantz34 Full Access Member

The QB has been described as 'a Daniel Jones type player'.

7. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I wouldn't consider that a compliment.

8. Black&Black

Morris is benefiting from America's short memory, sort of like Josh McDaniels did. His last HC gig was so long ago that everyone forgot how bad it went.

9. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

The thicker kicker

FB_IMG_1714363401840.jpg

10. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Here's a question, now that the draft is a few days old...

Thinking back to any of Fitterer's drafts, where does this one rank as far as how we did with them? I would put it something like this:

1. 2021--Fitterer's first draft, where he traded all over the place and managed to snag Marshall Jr. in the 2nd and Daviyon Nixon in the fifth, who was a major steal.
    2. 2022--Still thought Fitterer drafted well, and all those guys I never heard of had super high RAS scores, so it was going to be good. We also got great value in the 3rd with Corall, who was really QB1 and was going to be our starter.
    3. 2024--I think Morgan did some unexpected things, but Leggette is going to be what we hoped Mingo was, Brooks will start for us eventually, and Sanders will develop into a stud. Not sure about any of the other guys, and won't be surprised if we never hear their names on gameday.
    4. 2023--We got Bryce, which was awesome. And Mingo, which was also awesome. I also liked the Zavala pick, but by this time I was getting wise to Fit's draft acumen so I didn't get too high.
    Still better than a lot of Hurney drafts, and just about all of Gettleman's....