1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2023 QB's

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by stirs, Feb 5, 2023.

1. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

And the rumors will only pick up day after day until this time next week, when we know

2. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I read somewhere that Justin Fields scored really high on the S2. He also kicked ass at the Combine, and has just about all the measurables and accomplishments at the college level you could ask for. But he still sucks.

How does that work, anyway?

3. rake

rake Need one of these

It works because a massive % of people are too impressionable, and too lazy to put in the work of trying to determine for themselves "what THEY think" (myself included most of the time). So listening to talking heads, and biased opinions and trends becomes irresistible. Until I really watched a LOT of game footage I had come to believe that there were no '23 QBs worth drafting in the top 10.
    Young is the clearest example - I have never liked Saban or any of his teams, and was tired of their dominance. Until I watched Young play for myself with a more open mind I was simply a hater. I wanted to stand on all the negatives that I wanted to hear and cultivated those. He was just an irritatingly tenacious little college qb that just seemed lucky as hell. Much the same with Stroud really. .. regardless of all the negative rumors and "yeah buts" the guy looks like he could be a highly capable franchise QB (eventually). Same with AR . .. some of his highlights are amazing, but his inconsistency and relative inexperience has eliminated him from day one starter discussion, and that seems logical to me . .. Yet some team will be tempted due to the sky high ceiling.
    I have come to strongly feel that the above three will be NFL starters and one of them will be a top 10 NFL QB at some point. I just pray it's the one carolina picks because I don't think there has ever been a more important decision in the history of the franchise.

4. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Well, I'm an LSU fan and a Michigan fan. And Stroud never scared me like Young did. I think we're going to take him, and we're taking the right one.

rake likes this.
  5. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

That's only because you thought he was invisible.
    If you would only have scanned lower you would have seen him.

presidence99 likes this.
  6. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

I believe screenwriter william goldman covered it while referencing movies but it applies just as well to the NFL:

“Nobody knows anything...... Not one person in the entire motion picture field knows for a certainty what's going to work. Every time out it's a guess and, if you're lucky, an educated one.”

7. rake

rake Need one of these

This would suck - After we take Young, someone trades up to #2 for Anderson, the colts get Lamar Jackson, Raiders roll the dice on Richardson and the falcons end up getting Stroud at 8. .. if not he could fall to Tenn or even the texans at 12. It would be crazy for Stroud to be 3rd QB and outside the top 10, but it's possible

8. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

When was the last time four QBs went in the top ten picks? There have been better classes than this one where that didn't happen...

9. Malapoo

Malapoo Full Access Member

?
    The scores, per McGinn, are as follows:

• Bryce Young (Alabama): 98 percent
    • Jake Haener (Fresno State): 96 percent
    • Will Levis (Kentucky): 93 percent
    • Jaren Hall (BYU): 93 percent
    • Clayton Tune (Houston): 84 percent
    • Anthony Richardson (Florida): 79 percent
    • Hendon Hooker (Tennessee): 46 percent
    • C.J. Stroud (Ohio State): 18 percent

10. rake

rake Need one of these

I was trying to talk up Haener after he impressed every-damn-body Sr bowl week!
    Draft Will Anderson #1 and take Jake Haener day two. :)

stirs likes this.