1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2023 QB's

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by stirs, Feb 5, 2023.

1. rake

rake Need one of these

Tennessee roughed him up pretty damn good and Young was still able to hang 49 on them. Saban got out coached and the vols were better prepared. Young was the reason it wasn't a home blowout for the vols

2. rake

rake Need one of these

Saw the vid of post Stroud workout and i really believe that he was their guy at that time. There was clearly a difference in how they were interacting with him and how they were with Young. Is Stroud still their guy?? We'll see.
    If we take Stroud it will be interesting to see who takes Young. I really think the lack of size thing is a huge issue with most teams, and it will obviously be huge with Carolina (despite what's been said) IF we do not pick Young

3. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

We all heard about Young scoring through the roof on S2
    I have not seen Stroud score. If he had a great score, wouldn't his agent have it out there touting ?

4. rake

rake Need one of these

Maybe. It's more likely to me that Stroud will fold up if he's not in a comfort zone (day's system surrounded by familiar elements). Anyone see him at Michigan? Ugly

5. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

L
    45-23
    31 48 349 64.6 2 2 44 1 131.1 70.0
    I watched the highlights on YT. If that was the worst game he had then sign him up. Several of those missed passes were off the receivers' hands. The 2 INTs, one was a shovel pass as he was being sacked and the other was a deflection off the receiver's hand. He had 6 INTs the whole season.
    He still threw for 349 yards and 2 TDs.
    Come on now Rake, we saw ugly last year from Baker Mayfield. The Stroud Michigan game was far from ugly.

6. rake

rake Need one of these

Stroud was not able to create and extend plays beyond what Day game planed. When it was clear that his coach was out coached by the 2nd quarter Stroud unraveled as most QBs following a system do. His superior WRs helped him accrue stats and yes, UGLY was a strong word so I will retract that.
    My point was that your guy went down when the buckeye game plan for that day went down. That is what usually happens and yes we have seen a whole bunch of that here in carolina. I wouldn't mind Stroud here but Young brings a little bit of magic that no other qb in this class has. I decided that I would prefer drafting the guy who can single-handedly bail out a sinking game plan on game day.

7. dig-it

Houdini Young would have been hard pressed to overcome a defense giving up 45 points.
    Stroud didn't unravel against Georgia, the best team in the country, and almost pulled out a 42-41 victory. Sometimes you have to just tip your hat to the other team for outplaying you.

I guess we see what we want to see to convince ourselves that a certain pick is going to do the job for years to come. When in fact they could all fall on their faces.
    Again, no matter who the pick is I hope they will do great.

If the rookie struggles and doesn't pan out at least we'll know that the staff did move up 9 spots to try and get the best. Then it will be back to the drawing board.

8. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

9. rake

rake Need one of these

Dig i am just trying to stay positive for as long as possible and feel excited about the possibility of a QB with a rare quality or two that we have never seen in a panther uni. .. We had never had a qb like Cam, and that was exciting, and he was great for Carolina football. I want that back for panther fans, and unfortunately it would have to come in a small package. From Cam to Mahomes every qb has injuries at some point. .. Young is a bigger risk than Stroud. At this point i would accept that risk
    Will the Carolina brass accept that risk? We'll find out soon

10. dig-it

Young and Cam share more similarities than Cam and Stroud.
    The main difference being size. I believe Young to be a more accurate passer than Cam.
    Both were Heisman winners and college champions. Both crave winning and hate(with a passion) losing.

I watched this video this morning from a site called QB School. The dude loved him some Young and raved most of the video about the plays he had picked out. He also had a couple of mistake plays by Young, but there were only a couple. He saw what you see.

rake likes this.