1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2021 Panther Draft Choices

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by dig-it, Nov 27, 2020.

1. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

There are, what I would think, are two ways to win in the nfl. Scoring more points than the other team or keeping the other team from scoring more than you.
    In the first round I think you would try to upgrade/bolster the weakest side. I thought the weakest side was the defense.
    Teddy had more than his fair share of issues on offense, but how many of those possible 4th quarter comeback failures were initially
    caused because the D failed at their job? A stronger D and Teddy doesn't have to initiate game winning drives at the end of the game.
    Parsons for me as well.

rake likes this.
  2. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

We were 18th on defense and 24th on offense. You don't win a lot when you average 21.9 points per game, unless you're the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

3. rake

rake Need one of these

good point. damn I’d love to be in on their conversations. What will they do. This draft might be the most critical carolina draft to date

4. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

The FA QB market is kind of barren, Watson and Wilson are making "Trade me" noises, there are maybe four or five legit QBs with franchise potential in the draft, and at least ten teams (likely more) that want to move on from what they have. This is one of the harder drafts in memory to mock the top 10.

5. dig-it

Looking at the stats from this page I would definitely go with defense first in the draft.
    Teddy had no trouble going from the 20 to the 20. There was too many times they had to settle for a field goal and there were no gimmies for Slye.

https://www.nfl.com/teams/carolina-panthers/stats

As far as that 18th ranking in defense, it's funny what one shutout will do.

6. dig-it

This year's draft is certainly going to be must watch TV after the first pick.

Schwantz34 likes this.
  7. Schwantz34

Schwantz34 Full Access Member

Intelligent player who evidently does things right off the field, which is a big thing among the successful QB's.

He'd be good in the right system. Not sure that's with us though, as I think Tepper is aiming higher.

8. stirs

stirs Full Access Member

Super Bowl had 2 different types of QB's

Tom Brady is sort of a Mac Jones
    P Mahomes is sort of a Trevor Lawrence/Trey Lance

Both can win, just getting the right system and defense for both

9. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

Mac Jones may be the most successful QB in this year's draft. I certainly think he will be better than Tua.

10. rake

rake Need one of these

I would lean towards wanting a Brady or preferably a Big Ben style guy.
    Brady is smart enough to avoid big hits but he’s also a very large dude so when he has taken a rare hit he has stayed on the field. Ben is an anomaly really because for being such a big thick fucker he is slippery. It will be interesting to see how Josh Allen holds up. Cam started playing like he was invincible and got dumb enough with that to shorten his career significantly. I don’t see a Roethlisberger or Allen in this class. Guys like Wilson, Jones, Fields, and even Lawrence better develop that 6th sense to stay on the field.
    Anyone would want a Mahomes or Russ Wilson because they can get away with scrambling. .. they’re agile enough to avoid getting crunched, and they are thick enough to take some damage and keep rolling.
    Maybe Lance MIGHT be a little like that, but won’t know until the wedding night. ?????