1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2021 Panther Draft Choices

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by dig-it, Nov 27, 2020.

1. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Lawrence would be a better start to success than any of those names you mentioned picked at #8.

2. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

So would Justin Herbert last year, but how did the Bengals do? I bet we have a better record than the Jags next year.

3. dig-it

What? Herbert plays for the Chargers and they were 7-9.
    Are you talking about Joe Burrow? He got hurt in late November and they ended up 4-11-1.
    Your last swinging dick, defensive comment sounds like something Red would throw out there.
    Relax there avocado toast, this is only a friendly forum where no ill will is intended.

4. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

I only said Justin Herbert because I'm an idiot. But I'm serious about one player not making that kind of difference, particularly in his first year. Burrow was the QB for only two of those wins, and one of them came against Jacksonville.

I still think that the difference between 3 and 8 isn't worth a win, it's more about being effective in the later rounds and filling out your roster. That's where we should be focused.

5. dig-it

Cam started his rookie season and made the team 4 wins better than the previous season.

6. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

And Andrew Luck had an even more dramatic impact. However, both teams had absolute train wreck seasons that followed good seasons in order to get the top pick. There was talent there—Steve Smith, Jordan Gross, our running backs, etc. The Jags have holes all over their roster.

7. presidence99

presidence99 es lo que hay.

Did any of these QBs the panthers won their way out of play shortstop?

Coach Micool likes this.
  8. dig-it

The thing is Cyberjag is one rookie can make a difference.

9. Cyberjag

Cyberjag RAMFB

But the rookie at #3 is not guaranteed to make more of a difference than the rookie at #8, which is how I think we started down this discussion. Yes, Lawrence will make a huge impact in Jacksonville eventually, after they get him some talent. But we were never going to get him anyway. We could have gotten Fields maybe, or Wilson, but it's arguable that Surtain, Parsons, or Farley would make our team better than either of them, and one of them should be available at #8.

10. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

The recent track record for teams picking QB's #1 is not great. Cam and Andrew Luck made their teams relevant for a few years, but for the most part, those guys just end up being a fresh coat of paint over the rot. They rarely "transform" a franchise. In fact, the best quarterbacks in the NFL weren't picked anywhere near #1 overall.

Bad teams stay bad.

DogBoy, Cyberjag and Coach Micool like this.