1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2015 Hornets

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by PantherPaul, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Black&Black

Black&Black Try My Product

Patrick Ewing. Really? Really? Jesus Christ.

2. Shocker

Shocker Full Access Member

So here is the situation from what I can tell:

We have about 10.25 mill in space after Brian Roberts and Marvin Williams sign.

Indiana offered Stephenson 44 mill over 5 yrs. 8.8 per. So we can offer 10 per at 50 over 5 yrs or even better 40 over 4 yrs.

Dallas is out of the running after Parson's wasn't matched. If the Hornets want Stephenson it would seem now's the time to offer the 10 per and go with it.

Not sure they want too, but it appears they could make an offer.

Now: The question would be is Stephenson basically another MKG? They seem to be very similar except MKG isn't a weirdo.

An even better scenario would be sign and trade. We could offer a little more to Stephenson and send Gerald Henderson and a pick to Indiana. Clearing the 6 mill off the books by trading Henderson would be very nice.

You have to think that with Stephenson the Hornets become a great defensive team. Not a great scoring team unless PJ lights it up but good to great defenders all over in Marvin, Stephenson, MKG if not Von and Bizmak.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  3. Shocker

One more idea (pipe dream I'm sure)... Trade next years #1 and #2s (I think we have 2 of them) and Gerald Henderson to Golden State for Harrison Barnes.

PG - Kemba, Roberts
    SG - Stephenson, Hairston, Neal
    SF - MKG, Barnes
    PF - Marvin, Zeller, Vonleh
    C - Jefferson, Bizmak

Damn!

4. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

I always wondered if pipe dream meant drug induced sleep.

5. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Both rooks played better against kings

6. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

mkg? nah. stephenson has a polished offensive game. dude led the league in triple doubles last year. he's got a scew or two loose, but i think he and mkg don't overlap too much.

7. PantherPaul

PantherPaul Nap Enthusiasts

Mkg doesn't have 25% stephenson ' s offensive game

8. Collin

Collin soap and water

You are a fucking retard. Barnes isn't worth one first round pick and Stephenson is nothing whatsoever like MKG.

For the record, I don't want Stephenson and I'm glad Utah matched on Hayward because that contract was nuts. Marvin Williams looks like an overpay as well, but I like the Roberts deal.

9. Shocker

I would trade the 2015 pick for Barnes (hopefully it will be a LOW first round pick anyway) along with any seconds since we give those away for cash anyway. Getting Henderson's 6 mill off the books in the process....Barnes cap number is a little over 3 mill btw.

And for the record I think Stephenson is worth the risk. How many times will the Hornets have the chance to sign a possible all star at a need position that is 23? Not many and definitely not next off season. Big Al ain't going to be here forever.

I'd make the LS contract short...3 yrs 30mill or so. If not shorter if possible.

I would concede that maybe Lance and MKG are not that similar. My point was the Lance won't be hitting outside shots all night long any time soon either and both are good defenders. Saying that they probably fit as a nice duo defensively and in transition.

I just don't value Henderson much and that might be wrong. In looking at Affalo vs Henderson I didn't see much difference stat wise comparing year 3s. I just want a little more perimeter shooting and Barnes gives that. Barnes is not a driver though and never has been. I think he fits us better than Golden State though.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  10. Collin

Collin soap and water

Harrison Barnes shot 39.9% from the field last season. He sucks ass.