1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

2014 Cats

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by dig-it, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

he's got the intangibles you can't teach and is deficient in basketball skills you can learn with time. the problem is, he doesn't seem to have any ability to learn those skills. i mean, some guys just suck at basketball no matter how hard they try or physically gifted they are.

2. Superfluous_Nut

i like his game, but he's got the benefit of low expectations. he did what you'd hope a guy with year under his belt would do against guys trying to make the league. biyombo, on the other hand, did not. 2 years under his belt and he's not dominating as a 7 footer up against summer league talent? that does not bode well. but hey, at least he showed up and got the work in.

3. dig-it

dig-it Wait'n On That Post Rookie Deal

Bismack at 6'9" can earn a place on a team that doesn`t need scorers. The Cats aren`t that team yet.

4. Collin

Collin soap and water

He's also extremely raw, even moreso than MKG. That was always going to be a 3+ year project, which is probably something you shouldn't do with the 7th overall pick, especially since he has absolutely no potential to contribute offensively.

In good news for once, Gerald Henderson signed for $18 million over three years. No idea why he'd take that instead of signing his tender and becoming unrestricted next off-season.

5. Superfluous_Nut

yeah, i dunno. i suppose there's always a bigger sucker, but i could see bismack not being in the league in 3 years.

6. Superfluous_Nut

there's a TON of cash lining up for the 2014 free agent class. miami's big three are all theoretically available if they were to opt out (which they are unlikely to do, but gm's are ever the optimists). it'll be a sellers market for sure and a guy like henderson would certainly garner some interest. i guess he must like the team/organization/area, which i find to be an admirable quality.

7. dig-it

I thought it was because he got no hits on the feelers he or his agent put out.

8. dig-it

Guard Abdul Gaddy played with the Charlotte Bobcats during the Las Vegas Summer League in July and he's accepted an invite to training camp, which opens in about six weeks. Gaddy thinks the Bobcats may surprise some teams.

I don`t know who this guy is.

9. dig-it

10. dig-it

Reading what these goobers think is probably what a lot of other people think.
    Kind of hard to forget about the supreme suckage of the last few years.

Bill: I was on an airplane recently watching some seemingly awful Nic Cage movie called Stolen and thinking about how Nic Cage has probably been watched on more airplanes than any other actor ever. But guess what. I realized around the 35-minute mark that Stolen wasn't so bad; we landed with 15 minutes left in the movie, and I was 12 percent pissed off that I didn't get to see the ending, although the movie wasn't quite good enough to pay-per-view so I could finally see the ending, either. That's kind of how I feel about the 2013-14 Horbobnetcats. We'll flip over expecting them to be unwatchable and realize they're more entertaining than we expected, only we won't go out of our way to watch them, either.

Zach: Last movie I saw on a plane that finished before we landed: Boiler Room. How does it end? I'll never find out. Do they make a lot of money in a way that benefits the economy as a whole, just like what happens on Wall Street in real life? I'll never find out!

Bill: This ranking climbs if Al Jefferson makes a run at the scoring title (shooting 30 times a game, but still) and/or if MKG learns how to make a 15-footer. And I'm kind of excited for the Cody Zeller–Big Al high-low game. (Thinking.) This score might be too low.

Zach: I had them dead last in my own rankings, which surprised me. I think it's residual malaise from the last two seasons, and the fact that their court design contains an orange shade that distracts me with images of Creamsicles.

Bill: I hate you for planting this court-design subplot that's in your head — now I'm going to be watching League Pass studying the court designs. Damn you.

Zach: And those Charlotte crowds are so, so dead. But Kemba Walker made a leap last season, and Jeff Taylor has secret fun potential. If Al Jefferson makes a run at the scoring title, I'll eat my laptop. Very good offensive player, but hard to score at that level without 3s or free throws.

Bill: Yeah, but still.