1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

14. Star Lotuleilei

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by magnus, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Collin

Collin soap and water

Only one year as a starter and not elite production in that one. He has the talent, but I've been saying all along that he's risky. I had him falling past #14 in my early mocks.

2. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

Im in shock. I love that guy.

Watch him fall to the fucking Falcons.

3. Collin

Collin soap and water

That would not be good. I do like Floyd, but I love Star.

4. Purrsy

Purrsy Full Access Member

I loved em both, but I'm with ya. Love love love Star.

5. Shocker

Shocker Full Access Member

I live for this draft shit since the late 80s. Star had to be talked into playing football, didn't even like it. He has see the money bust factor. As a fan, this looks awesome and from a talent standpoint he is the #1 pick. The med was cleared. Why is he sitting there at #14? I am telling you this guy has bust factor on the first salary.

We'll see. He worth the pick. They worked him out so they spoke with him. If he is half interested he is a good player. With an edge he's a pro bowler every year. We'll see.

I await the fan discussion on how great Star is...his stats were flat out normal. Yes, he is strong and his hands are super strong. I love it watching this guy man handle people. However, just like every position now he gonna face great talent. It will come down to desire. If he has it, great. If not, he'll be very normal. The Vikings just got an incredible player. HUNGRY. FLoyd is going to get noting but better.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  6. Collin

Collin soap and water

I'm pretty sure you have that wrong. I imagine you're looking at his late start and thinking that was due to not liking football, but it was actually due to him not initially qualifying academically. The guy likes football, you can see that on tape. He enjoys throwing people around. If he was just after the money he would have come out last season when he was already all-Pac 12 and voted Morris Trophy winner as the best Pac-12 defensive lineman. Instead he came back and played even better, which is why he flew up draft boards instead of being picked around where Floyd will go.

7. Shocker

I know about his accolades and about his trophies. I would have picked Star NO DOUBT. His upside is crazy. There are worries but the #1 guy has questions. I love this pick.

So lets move on...who in the second. I think Patterson will be there. Lets take Elam, he'll probably be there.

8. Shocker

I must say this..WTF are the Raiders doing? DJ Hayden is a great talent..before the injury but could you have bigger risk at a second tier position? You pick a CB with that risk at that draft pick? Nuts.

9. Black&Blue_

Black&Blue_ _

[​IMG]

10. finleye

finleye como say what?

sounds like Gettleman was considering 3 guys at #14...I'm assuming its Star, Floyd, and Sly but who knows...

Panthers with the most decisive pick of the night. Card was in w/i 30 seconds. #NFLDraft

— NFL: AroundTheLeague (@NFL_ATL) April 26, 2013

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013