1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

1000 Pound Man Down To 400 Pounds

Discussion in 'Health & Medicine Forum' started by muff_spelunker, Mar 9, 2006.

1. muff_spelunker

muff_spelunker teutonic twit

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-03-09-07-20-12

Man Who Weighed 1,000 Pounds Down to 400

AP Photo/NATI HARNIK

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) -- Patrick Deuel, who once weighed more than 1,000 pounds, has lost another 81 pounds in a surgery that removed a mass of fat and skin hanging from his midsection.

"He's doing well," said Dr. Fred Harris, who performed the surgery Tuesday.

The mass, called a pannus, made it difficult for Deuel, 43, of Valentine, Neb., to walk.

Surgery to remove it had been scheduled for January, but the procedure was postponed when Deuel got the flu.

With the surgery, Deuel now weighs about 400 pounds.

Attached Files:

2. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I know a guy who went through that, he was never 1000 pounds but he dropped from like 400 to 180 or so. He had to have skin removed in a surgery too. I think that part was worse than the gastric bypass or whatever he had.

3. Dukesuckgounc

Dukesuckgounc Let's go Panthers

forget the surgery for a sec as good as it mitt be.Why can't people lose weight on there own with any surgery or medicine why don't people let there body lose the weight that they need to and live a healthy life.You don't need a surgery or medicine to live a long healthy life.See when when I FAT real FAT 208 lbs back in 2000. because i eat ice cream everyday.I am talking about a box of ice cream .As soon as i stop eating ice cream i lost 58Lbs in 6weeks.People if you gaining fat.And you never been FAT.see i was i never a fat guy.Anyway if you are gaining fat don't go to your doctor and say doctor i need to have a surgery to lose Weight or i need a medicine to lose weight.surgery and or medicine have very bad side affects .See the Medicine that i was takeing Depression in 2000 made me gaining 58LBS it made me a box of ice cream everyday.the bottom line is if you eat right .Workout at not eat alt of sweet or fast food.You can be skiny and live a long healthy life.

4. VA49er

VA49er Full Access Member

Paragraphs, spaces, commas, something!! Puleeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz.

5. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

You really think a man who weighs 1000 pounds can just start working out and eat less and get in shape? He obviously has some kind of problem. Being overweight is also tied to genetics and you are naive to assume anyone could lose weight as easily as you once did.

6. Dukesuckgounc

He could have lost weight before he got to 1000 he could have work out we he was 300Lbs 400LBS 500LBS 600LBS 700LBS 800LBS all this team before he got to 1000Lbs he could have work out and eat right

7. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

No matter how bad you let yourself go you do not reach 1000 pounds due to a lack of exercise and overeating. He probably had a thyroid problem or something. I agree that a lot of people who are overweight could do a lot better about exercise and eating but it is not as easy as you make it sound. People who are genetically predisposed to obesity do not respond as quickly or as easily as others.

8. Dukesuckgounc

You are 100% right it not easy to workout.I bet this guy Was fat as kid.You don't go to bad and wake up the next day and you become 1000lbs

9. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

I see lot of guys at the gym who go regularly and are still over weight. They are not 1000 lbs obviously but still it is not a miracle thing to start working out. Think of all the professional atheletes who are big. The guy the panthers just signed, Kemoeatu, is a big guy and he obviously works out a lot at least for half the year anyway.

10. Superfluous_Nut

Superfluous_Nut pastor of muppets

i hear the other 600 pounds is suing for custody of the guy's name and social security number.