1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Zone Blocking and the FB

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by Big Mark, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Big Mark

Big Mark Full Access Member

What effect, if any, will the switch to zone blocking have on Hoov?

2. Collin

Collin soap and water

Probably less playing time, or at least a lot less in a traditional I-formation. He could see more use in an H-back role, meaning he'll move around the formation and be used a little more like a tight end.

3. Thelt

Thelt Full Access Member

That might suit him better anyway. I like him as a player but he has never been a dominant lead blocker.

4. magnus

magnus Chump-proof

anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home
    less playing time, maybe more opportunities in space, but the fullback hasn't been a big deal in the Pats' scheme and the best zone block schemes traditionally use the FB as either just another guy to take up space in a blocking scheme (backside end, just to put a body on a guy for the sweep) or as misdirection (a la Broncos' schemes, though they did pound behind Griffith to set up the counter).

5. ACL

ACL Full Access Member

Not sure- but even if only for special teams Hoov has his uses. The real question though is why is Big Mark masqurading as a Panther's Fan when his avatar clearly shows him proudly wearing Viking Regalia?

6. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

Hoov maybe the most uderated player on the team. He has been the most consistent player over the past several years. Very unselfish in his role. My hat is off to the HOOV

7. Black&Blue

Black&Blue NKW

Hoover might be better off in this offense, even if it does mean a litte less playing time. We probably won't ask him to do quite as much straight ahead blocking, and he's an effective receiver. He'll do well in that h-back type role (if that is what we're planning).