1. This Board Rocks has been moved to a new domain: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

All member accounts remain the same.

Most of the content is here, as well. Except that the Preps Forum has been split off to its own board at: http://www.prepsforum.com

Welcome to the new Carolina Panthers Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Zeitgeist

Discussion in 'Religion & Spirituality Forum' started by lushboobs, Nov 22, 2009.

1. lushboobs

lushboobs Weapons of Mass Seduction

Has anyone seen the film Zeitgeist?

Has anyone here seen the film Zeitgeist and if so, what thoughts were swirling around your minds during and after viewing the film?

the film is in three parts, and part 1 focuses on religion, and the history of many of the beliefs and traditions still honored today.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

the film can be watched for free online here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-594683847743189197#

I know that I might take some crap for posting this here, but I believe this to be an appropriate venue for religious discussion. If one is so attached to ones beliefs that they are completely uninterested in learning about the beliefs and truths of others, that they may miss out on an opportunity to expand their scope of knowledge. You may not agree with the theories (or facts) put forth in this film, but you can expand your understanding of where these ideas originated from, and why some believe.. and some do not by watching it.

please be brave, watch, listen and then we can have a rational informed discussion. We're all entitled to believe as we wish and discussing those beliefs can be healthy and positive.

*the information in part one becomes educational and interesting at @14 mins into the film so, if you're short on time, you can begin watching there.

**this film is just a smidge heavy at times, so be prepared

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  2. BigVito

BigVito Splitting Headache

I've only watched part one. Not very well researched. Lots of errors and false assumptions.

I'm certainly not a defender of the basis of Christianity, but these guys get way too much wrong. As a brief example, the Attis myths they use as a comparison to the crucified god are just incorrect. Attis wasn't crucified. He bled to death but it was because he castrated himself after being caught cheating on his significant other. Not a lot of similarity to the Christ myth either in "facts" or in thematic elements.

I feel that Christianity has borrowed many themes from them religions that have preceded them but the wholesale copying of any "mystery cult" beliefs is a bit off base in the context that Zietgiest is trying to portray.

It seems to me that the producers/writers have borrowed more from New Age thinking and published works than actually doing any research.

3. sdplusbeauty

sdplusbeauty An angel over my shoulder

I loved the movie.. I could tell that it wasn't fully fleshed in the research department and accuracy, but I like what it stands for.

4. jbghostrat

jbghostrat Full Access Member

This was Loughner's favo-rite film wasn't it?

5. wordsworth

wordsworth Full Access Member

"The Bad News Bears" was Charles Manson's favorite movie. True story.

6. jbghostrat

jbghostrat Full Access Member

I'm going to have to check this movie out one day.

Funny story. One of my dad's favorite movies was Natural Born Killers. Even had the soundtrack on cassette and we had to listen to it over and over again.

7. Fro

Fro FFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffff

Bad news bears was released 7 years after his crimes, so I don't think you can pin that movie on manson just because he liked it 7 years after the fact. True Story.

Cassettes? You're old.

8. wordsworth

Good grief.

9. Fro

Fro FFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffff

Debbie Downer

10. wordsworth

Literal Larry.